Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2006 1:22:09 PM EDT
anyone know where to find replacements?  the orlite followers are narrower then the usgi green followers on the rear portion of the follower.

ive got about 75 of them.   most of them work just fine.  i have a few  that i know dont work, want to try and see if new spings and followers will fix them up a bit.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I put orange followers in my orlites (and thermolds) by cutting down that back strap part.

it can be done...tedious though.

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I put orange followers in my orlites (and thermolds) by cutting down that back strap part.

No Expert

i was thinking of doing the same thing, but want something a little easier to install.  these are range mags for the most part.  i got a ton of them for a hell of a deal.  i could easily toss the bad ones and still be far ahead.  i just hate wasting something that can be fixed, escpecially gun related
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:06:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Expert

i was thinking of doing the same thing, but want something a little easier to install.  these are range mags for the most part.  i got a ton of them for a hell of a deal.  i could easily toss the bad ones and still be far ahead.  i just hate wasting something that can be fixed, escpecially gun related

Call it a "fun project" and dedicate a couple hours. I did about a dozen mags, thermold and orlites, in I think less than two hours using nothing but sandpaper and a pocket knife.

They are my "range mags" as well, and in this case, easily identified.

No Expert

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Call it a "fun project" and dedicate a couple hours. I did about a dozen mags, thermold and orlites, in I think less than two hours using nothing but sandpaper and a pocket knife.

No Expert

do you have any feed issues with them?  i just want to try and fix a few magazines that have some feed issues, see if a new follower will help.  i dont want to invest too much time into something that cant be fixed.  i think the feed problem is from wear on the feed lips, but id like to try new follower and spring before i toss them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No Expert

do you have any feed issues with them?  i just want to try and fix a few magazines that have some feed issues, see if a new follower will help.  i dont want to invest too much time into something that cant be fixed.  i think the feed problem is from wear on the feed lips, but id like to try new follower and spring before i toss them.

I haven't had a chance to fully test them out since I did them I've been to a range twice.

I plan on taking them all out, fully loaded and to a place I can run through em. State range is limited to 6 round loads.

What little I've used them (a couple only) have worked okay, of course, they worked before as well.

No Expert
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top