Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:51:53 PM EDT
New U.S.G.I., Bulk Packed • AR-15 .223 30rd Grey Teflon GI Magazine • D&H MFG $11.00 each

Brand new sealed in factory wrappers M16/AR15 USGI Mil-Spec aluminum 30rd magazines w/ green followers and standard military dry film finish. These mags are made by CP in Conn. and are the same mags currently being supplied to the US military.
M16/AR15 USGI Mil-Spec aluminum 30rd magazines $9.99 each
I know we are only talking a dollar difference in the two but which is the better of the two I am a newbie with my bushmaster and want to get the better of the two, help me decide you guys are the pros
Thanks
Doug
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 5:36:32 PM EDT
Well, if you aren't worried about the small price diff, then I'd go with the D&H with the teflon finish. The teflon is slicker (will drop free easier), and the finish will be more durable. I have 10 of these that I got from 44mag and I am highly impressed. I have a bunch of mags, Okay, sanchez, etc, and the D&H are better IMO than the Okay mags are (even though they are all top notch).

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 7:58:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fla556guy:
Well, if you aren't worried about the small price diff, then I'd go with the D&H with the teflon finish. The teflon is slicker (will drop free easier), and the finish will be more durable. I have 10 of these that I got from 44mag and I am highly impressed. I have a bunch of mags, Okay, sanchez, etc, and the D&H are better IMO than the Okay mags are (even though they are all top notch).

100% Agree.

Out of curiosity I got a few D&H teflons, and a few CPs. The CPs were fine, but not as smooth as Okays. (I swore by Okay mags - very reliable and the standard I rated other USGI mags by).

I hate to admit it, but I am phasing out the Okays and ordering more of the D&H teflons...
They ran perfect, and the finish takes a beating. I think they are worth the $1 more.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:12:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:27:39 AM EDT
I would go with the CP mags. Not because they are cheaper, but because CP is what we have wanted for years. A civilian vendor producing 20 and 30 round mags specifically for our consumption. We need to support thier efforts in every way possible.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:25:45 PM EDT
I support CP's venture into producing mags specifically for civilians. However I have not seen/used any mags by them, and so I can't recommend/not recommend them based solely upon their product (I'd love to) because to do so would be a discredit to all. I have D&H, Okay, and a few adventurelines. Of the mags I have, the D&H are the best. When I get a CP, I will definatly let you all know what I think (I'm sure it will be positive, but reviews based upon assumptions would do the company as much harm as it would good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:28:51 AM EDT
44mag.com accepted my order, it was possible to fill out the required fields for Austria, then they emailed me, they can´t do export orders ... I am not amused!

So which Company will sell competitively priced ( 10 packs ) of GREY TEFLON COATED D & H 30 rd mags???

Options, such as Magpul followers and / or Chrome Silivone springs at ordering would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance, H
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:20:56 PM EDT
Arminius,
Do you know what the laws are in your country for a US manfacturer or distributor to ship mags to an individual? Each country varies as do many of the states in the US. I am waiting to hear back from our State Department and ATF on what the law exactly is, I'm curious. When I have the answer, I will post it. I think 44 Mag is correct in not sending the order. I am sure he to is checking the regulations and will fill your order if it is legal to do so.

Larry
Top Top