Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/18/2006 9:41:04 AM EDT
Hello i just picked up a Colt 20Rd mag that i thought was just a mag but i got to looking and it is almost like it been nickle plated and i looked int the mag forum and did a search and all i come up with is it might be a sp1 mag made from the late 70's and it is rare and collectable but no word on how much it's worth.Can you guys help me out?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:00:18 PM EDT
Your picture, or pictures aren't showing up....
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:20:08 PM EDT
Do you have any pictures of this magazine?

Please email me them at cbrons@verizon.com and I can identify the magazine for you.

If it's indeed an electroless nickel plated magazine, I would be interested in purchasing it for my collection.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:40:53 AM EDT
Hello i have no camra so no pics but my buddy that i bought it from says it's a true sp1 mag it came with his first AR he bought in 1975.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:11:02 PM EDT
No one knows
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:20:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 3:22:51 PM EDT by j3_]
People claim that some of the 20 round Colt mags came with the same Colt guard finish as the SP1 guns that had it. I purchased one new and it came with the standard finish on the mags not the same as the rifle. No one has posted a picture yet of a real one if they existed only told of them. One or two people claime dto have access to them but never posted a picture of one. Colt guard is a dull silver finish and is not shiny in the least. It is very similar to the coating Robar does called NP3. I have seen chromed, nickle plated, and silver painted 20 round mags but never the Colt guard mags I refer to as the Unicorn of mags. Post a picture of the mag and the floor plate. Where did he buy his first AR?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:11:59 AM EDT
Look for a "1" in a circle, about 1/4" in diameter on the side of the mag body. Lots of SP1 mags have this mark. Some do not.
Top Top