Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/14/2006 10:27:37 AM EDT
My brother acquired a few 40 round magazines by  Imperial Defense Services.  I did a search (here in ARFCOM) on the name and only found a guy selling some used 30 rounders.  I checked the FAQ for mags and found Imperial Defense as a tier 1 for 30 rounders but no mention in the 40's.  My brother also said his source has 70 rounders (not that my brother or myself would want a 70 round mag that wasn't a drum).  Has anyone heard of 40 rounders and if so, are they any good?  Brother hasn't had a chance to try it out yet...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Are these mags for an AR15/M16?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not an USA/Western mag so you are good to go.  I came across some 40rd PMI mags, like new condition and was pretty impressed with them.  They were made with good steel, didn't "flex" like typical USA/Western mags.  Still have one left.  Holding onto it as a keepsake/novelty item. Some dark forces have been putting thoughts in my head to post it on the EE for sale/trade though.  

ETA:  As for the 70rd mag, I have seen them.  They seem to be USA/Western 40rd and 30rd mags fitted together.  Would make excellent mags to practice failure drills (FTF) with.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My brother acquired a few 40 round magazines by  Imperial Defense Services.  .

Where did he get the 40 round IDS mags?
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 7:38:07 AM EDT
[#5]
A client he's doing some work for is a distributor of them.  Lastnight I got to see it and it looks like quality to me (not that USA shyte).  I'll probably get to shoot it next week to see if it indeed is any good.  The client is going to have a booth a local funshow, gave him passes to park and get in, which we'll be using
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A client he's doing some work for is a distributor of them.  Lastnight I got to see it and it looks like quality to me (not that USA shyte).  I'll probably get to shoot it next week to see if it indeed is any good.  The client is going to have a booth a local funshow, gave him passes to park and get in, which we'll be using

Cool.   Please let us know how you like them and where to buy some.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#7]
any word?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 9:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I get to shoot it this weekend.  Should I find them I'll find out how much they are, get the guys card and pass on the info. if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Very interest here.  Thanks in advance!

GoGo
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#10]
The IDS 40 rnd-ers are pretty nice.  No jams in my 6920 (3 mags full), 6721 (3 mags full) or franken-AR (1 mag).  Very stout as well!  I'm going to get more.  He has a bunch of IDS 30 rnds too, in addition to NHMTG, OKAY, Centers, Colt, etc....  Sat with him behind his tables at the gunshow on Sunday.  Very cool guy.  Prices are fair and he was hopping trying to keep up with the sales he had going on (6 tables and only him).  Sold out of a bunch of stuff. (Drums, Frankenmags, PMI 40's...).  He'll be at the big Reno show in a few months.  Says that's the biggest show for him as all the Kali guys come over to get the stuff they can't at home
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The IDS 40 rnd-ers are pretty nice.  No jams in my 6920 (3 mags full), 6721 (3 mags full) or franken-AR (1 mag).  Very stout as well!  I'm going to get more.  He has a bunch of IDS 30 rnds too, in addition to NHMTG, OKAY, Centers, Colt, etc....  Sat with him behind his tables at the gunshow on Sunday.  Very cool guy.  Prices are fair and he was hopping trying to keep up with the sales he had going on (6 tables and only him).  Sold out of a bunch of stuff. (Drums, Frankenmags, PMI 40's...).  He'll be at the big Reno show in a few months.  Says that's the biggest show for him as all the Kali guys come over to get the stuff they can't at home

Cool.  So where can I get some of these IDS 40 round mags?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#12]
His supplier (in the UK) isn't reliable enough to sell them over the web and he doesn't want to deal with backorders... guy"s retired and does a few shows a year for fun, I guess.  I"m sure I could get some, IM me and I'll see what I can do.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top