Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/28/2005 5:25:30 PM EDT
I had a Beta C four or five years ago and wasn't impressed; it was heavy and didn't lock the bolt on the last round.  

Now I see clear backed betas with what seem to be a different design for the top feeder round.  

Do the new mags lock the bolt open on the last round?

Are the new mags lighter?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
same material same weight

they will not lock the bolt to the rear.

still cant drop them on concrete.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]
That's too bad.  Those guys really talk a game for having a product and NOT inovating at all.

How hard would a damn feeder round that locked the bolt to the rear really be?

They should be making those aluminum feeder rounds out of a lightweight polymer and the magazine out of stamped steel.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's too bad.  Those guys really talk a game for having a product and NOT inovating at all.

How hard would a damn feeder round that locked the bolt to the rear really be?

They should be making those aluminum feeder rounds out of a lightweight polymer and the magazine out of stamped steel.

Sounds like you need to invent one; Mr. Innovative.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:26:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Right.  I think I'll just give the Beta people an incentive to make the product right by refusing to buy one until it is.  

A mag that doesn't leave the weapon ready for a re-load isn't really a tactical advantage.

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top