Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 1:06:10 AM EDT
Remember that guy?  Claimed to have the best refinish going.  I'm not going to rehash the mess about him ripping off a bunch of folks here, but I was curious if anyone still has any of his refinished mags in service and if so, what do they look like now?  IIRC he claimed to chemical strip the mags, apply a nickle based finish, then Teflon.  
Here's mine.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:06:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn,  I aint heard that name in a while.  I never sent him any mags.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:14:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember him but not the details. Based on the sheer number of mags I've purchased over the years I'm sure there are few around here from him but nothing that stands out.

Sorry hear about this
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 1:10:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Every two years or so, someone has to bring his name back up???
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:08:58 PM EDT
[#4]
out of curiosity - how old are these mags and how often did you use them. The teflon looks to be chipping off not wearing off.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
out of curiosity - how old are these mags and how often did you use them. The teflon looks to be chipping off not wearing off.

I don't recall the exact date, but I would guess about 5 years old.  They were routinely used as range mags.  The Teflon was flaking off more than wearing through.  The Telfon application was very thin and did not seem to adhere all that well.  Of course it didn't affect function.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
So, can you see nickel underneath?   Can't really tell from the pics.

I bought some mags from him, had good luck too, but didn't do the refinish.  Just bought some PermaSilk and did it myself.  

PS - those look like ASS.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:26:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Eric,

If those are mags in your regular rotation, they have held up decent!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:21:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Actually, mags that I've refinished with Brownells Gun Kote have held up better than what Eric shows.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:08:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Eric,

If those are mags in your regular rotation, they have held up decent!

Yup, in the bucket-o-mags.  
I was just curious to see if anyone still had these kicking around.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:55:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I just want to know if they were part of your infamous 6721 test...

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top