Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2003 5:49:15 PM EDT
Recently bought used 30 round Sanchez, Adventureline and Parsons mags at a gun show.  They all have black followers,  I asked the vender if I should replace them with the green ones, he said no.

What do you experts say and how would you rate these particular magazines and since they are used, should I load them to full capacity?
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Try them in your rifle, if they work, don't fix them. If you are having feeding problem with them, change to green followers and replace the springs with the extra power wolfe springs.

or, you could do that anyway.

Its all a matter or personal preference
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
75 cent insurance.

Id do it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 5:15:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
75 cent insurance.

Id do it.
View Quote

ditto, clean them up, lightly Breakfree the springs & inside, wiping dry

TEST, TEST, TEST
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#4]
The Army doesn't retrofit green followers, they're a product improvement not a mandatory item.  If they work as it don't dick with them.  Knowing which green followers are genuine is difficult, there are lots of ersatz mags and parts out there.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:21:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I clean and and install green followers on all of the mags I pick up.  No reason, just because.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top