Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2003 2:06:38 PM EDT
Some general mag observations from this past weekend's small local show (upstate SC):

1) many dealers had piles of preban NIW 30-rounders for about $20-$25.  More piles of new but not NIW 30-rounders for $15-$20.  All had green followers, and were mostly Okay and Center.  It's rare to see such a large supply, w/ green followers, at these prices around here.

2) one dealer had a large supply of Colt .223 20-rounders.  They seemed to have 95+% finish, and were priced at $20.  I was interested, but then noticed the alloy followers were coated in exactly the same finish as the bodies (not just dull colored, but the very same finish).  I concluded that someone refinished them and didn't bother to remove the followers first.  Still, it was surprising to see such a large supply at relatively moderate prices.

3) the NIW LaBelle teflon mags I recently got from Ammoman are fantastic, so I didn't buy any mags at the show!  Maybe next time.

These are by no means universal observations, but it got me wondering if the demand for mags has eased due to anticipation of legal changes next September, thus softening the current magazine market and lowering prices.  Have any of you guys noticed similar market activity?
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:34:37 PM EDT
[#2]
where was this show at??
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
where was this show at??
View Quote

Greenville SC, at the Palmetto Center.

Kevin: I didn't know that about the unused 20-rounders.  However, the followers were not just dusted w/ moly, or sporadically spotted with it.  They were completely, 100% coated in moly.  Have you seen unused 20's with followers like that?  If so, I might have to seek out that dealer next time.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:15:33 PM EDT
[#4]
When is the next Greenville show?

CRC
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top