User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 9:28:36 AM EDT
Whatta ya think guys n gals?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd think SA80 mags, just for the durability sake.  However, if it were me, I'd grab some USGI mags, and do it that way.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I would only depend on USGI.  However, The Brit mags are close enough to the USGI that I would choose those over any polymer AR mags.  For peace of mind, though, i stick with aluminum USGI.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
If I had to choose between the 2, I would take the SA-80's.  As others have stated, I would rather have USGI's.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditto on the USGI

Now for your question...

Use 'em & Lose 'em? Brit steel does the job. A NIW loaded fired & discarded SA 80 would hold up in a riot situation.

For the long haul: US made Thermolds. They are light, don't rust, and beat out the hype BS that many spread about them. I wouldn't say the same about Canadian Thermolds though.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Where would be a good place to buy the U.S. thermolds?
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#6]
nothing beats the steel for stregnth and are easy to keep up with like my steel M14 and AK mags,Rounds seem to strip off smoother than aluminum.I switched to the steel sa80s for shtf mags although I still have my stock of GI aluminum as well.Just today blasted off 300 rounds of SA ammo that the mags had been loaded with for the last 4 months and they functioned flawlessly.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I would stick with USGI.  I have a few US Thermold magazines and have cracked the lip on one.  I ejected a partially full magazine onto the dirt while working on a malfuction drill and cracked the lip.  I tried to locate the manufacturer to see if this was a defect, but couldn't locate them. Hope this help. YMMV
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I would stick with USGI.  I have a few US Thermold magazines and have cracked the lip on one.  I ejected a partially full magazine onto the dirt while working on a malfuction drill and cracked the lip.  I tried to locate the manufacturer to see if this was a defect, but couldn't locate them. Hope this help. YMMV
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top