Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/11/2003 2:19:06 PM EDT
I have one 30 round mag that causes a bolt over jam on the 5th, 6th, and 7th round out of the mag.  It feeds correctly on all other rounds.  Has anyone else had this problem?  does this sound like a follower issue?.  I have another mag that does the same thing with the last 2 and I have read here that that IS a follower problem.  I am getting all new green followers for my 30 rounders to see if it cures both problems.  I am using a Bushmaster A2 20" and USGI mags.  All of my mags currently have black followers and are in good condition.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If that is the only Mag I would first try to put a green follower in it. If that does not work then I would shoot the bastard and be done with it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2003 10:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Mordak_1,

Is the magazine spring properly installed on the follower?
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 6:32:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I have replaced the black follower with a green follower and it no longer jams when I test feed.  I havnt had time to do a real firing test yet.  Yes the spring is installed on the follower correctly.  I'll let you know if this fixes it when I get a chance to shoot.  Thanks.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I check every mag before I buy it for tight spots in mag body.  This mag is a little bit more snug that my others but not enough to grap and hold the follower.  I did run the follower down several times right after I installed it.  And before the question come up, I got my green followers from Magazine Specialties.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top