Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/27/2003 11:37:02 AM EDT
I love these mags they fit in my Bushy but won't lock in my Olys (it is important that they do). How can I get then to fit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:37:53 PM EDT
Olys plural? Try the mags in a Colt's and another Bushmaster. If they fit there the problem is your rifle. Probably your rifle. -- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:13:34 PM EDT
Olys plural, 2 different runs of receivers. I got @#$% off and the spot where the mag would latch to the lower is not cut out on the thermolds it is just recessed I cut out and filled the rectangle and it seems to fit. Do you now another way. I don't want to do this to these mags. thank your your help. Ric
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:07:01 PM EDT
I SHOOT OLY'S AND ALL MY THERMOLDS WORK GREAT IN THEM. I DID HAVE ONE THAT THE ACTION WOULD NOT CLOSE WITH THE MAG IN IT BUT IT DID THAT WITH ALL THE AR'S I TRIED IT IN COLT BUSHY AND RRA. I HAD TO SHAVE A FEW THOUSANTHS OFF THE FEED LIPS AND IT WORKED GREAT BUT THAT WAS ONLY ONE THERMOLD OUT OF THE MANY THAT I HAVE.
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:32:07 AM EDT
I'm having the same problem with my DPMS and two new Thermold mags. Did you come up with a fix?
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 6:40:51 AM EDT
I did come up with a fix with help. I found on the first ridge closest to the magazine well the back needed to be filed down a bit along with some of the sides. I found out found what needed to be filed (if you use a dremel BECAREFUL) becuased I for so p*ssed off and smalled the rifle down on the mag and it left an indentation on the mags. I don't recommend slaming the mag. I can send you pictures and help if you like. E-mail my person addy at rvulcan500@adelphia.net
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:14:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 12:37:08 PM EDT
From 4/29/03 previous post: All my new thermolds are tight fitting. I have been "pretreating" them before shooting. Here's what I do. Materials - flat needle file, 150 and 400 grit sandpaper 1. I use the sharp edge of the needle file and the file itself to take down the top edge of the top ridge on the mag body - the one that keeps it from over-inserting. 2. From the top ridge up, I use the file and sandpaper on the corner. 3. Eliminate any seams left from the molding process with appropriate material. 4. Lightly file and sand the top of the feed lips. 5. I frequently insert and remove the mag and check for wear marks and sand those down. One problem area that seems to bind a lot is the top left of the rear of the mag, behind the feed lips. 6. When I can easily seat the mag and it is "drop free," I clean the whole thing off with CLP.
Top Top