Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2003 10:06:27 PM EDT
Do any contractors still make origianl 20 round magazines? Are there any companies that manufacture 20 round replacement bodies?
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:32:11 AM EDT
I've not seen an "original" (USGI spec) 20 round magazine made after the 1970s. Until there's some demand it's doubtful they'll be made. -- Chuck
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 9:59:59 AM EDT
The fact that they sell for as much & in some cases more than USGI 30s tells me there is a demand. Many plinkers/match shooters prefer them for their clearance for prone shooting. Whatever the case, thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 5:57:06 PM EDT
Colt has been making and selling 20 round mags since whenever. They still sell them with their LE guns. CRC
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 9:05:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By CRC: Colt has been making and selling 20 round mags since whenever. They still sell them with their LE guns. CRC
View Quote
I have seen a number of new 20 round mags come with LEO Colt AR15's. They appear to be USGI spec 20's. In fact, I believe our local PD just received 500+ with a shipment of LEO Colt Gov't Carbines. I doubt that Colt has 10's of thousands of NIB pre-70's USGI 20's in storage, so they must be producing them new. Now, whether that means Colt will sell NIB USGI 20's to civilians after 9/04.... I don't have first hand knowledge that Colt is still manufacturing USGI 20's, but that's my best bet based on the ones that I've seen. I think they even have "LEO/Mil use only" postban stamps. I'll try to get a hold of one to inspect and get a pic.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 11:11:23 AM EDT
ArmaLite is (or was a year ago) still selling 20 rounders which appear to be mil-spec with their Law Enforcement/Military rifles. IIRC, they were offering a choice of a 20 or 30 round mag with the new rifles.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 5:20:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Corey:
Originally Posted By CRC: Colt has been making and selling 20 round mags since whenever. They still sell them with their LE guns. CRC
View Quote
I have seen a number of new 20 round mags come with LEO Colt AR15's. They appear to be USGI spec 20's. In fact, I believe our local PD just received 500+ with a shipment of LEO Colt Gov't Carbines. I doubt that Colt has 10's of thousands of NIB pre-70's USGI 20's in storage, so they must be producing them new. Now, whether that means Colt will sell NIB USGI 20's to civilians after 9/04.... I don't have first hand knowledge that Colt is still manufacturing USGI 20's, but that's my best bet based on the ones that I've seen. I think they even have "LEO/Mil use only" postban stamps. I'll try to get a hold of one to inspect and get a pic.
View Quote
Go to their website and look at the Law Enforcement rifles. ALL come with 2 twenty round mags and I'm sure THEY ARE NOT USED. CRC
Top Top