Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2003 9:18:22 AM EDT
I have a few Colt 20 round mags, I had 4 from a few years ago, and today I picked up 3 more at a local show. After changing out the followers I noticed that all the mags, even the 4 I had before are all maked "UI" (universal industries).

Did Colt ever make their own mags, or did they contract them out to Universal.

The Cheat
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:55:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 10:10:42 AM EDT
Thanks I figured that, but didnt know for sure. The cheat
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:17:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Cheat: I have a few Colt 20 round mags, I had 4 from a few years ago, and today I picked up 3 more at a local show. After changing out the followers I noticed that all the mags, even the 4 I had before are all maked "UI" (universal industries). Did Colt ever make their own mags, or did they contract them out to Universal. The Cheat
View Quote
You should leave the old followers in the mag those are better !
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:39:22 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tooly:
Originally Posted By The_Cheat: I have a few Colt 20 round mags, I had 4 from a few years ago, and today I picked up 3 more at a local show. After changing out the followers I noticed that all the mags, even the 4 I had before are all maked "UI" (universal industries). Did Colt ever make their own mags, or did they contract them out to Universal. The Cheat
View Quote
View Quote
Why are the old alloy followers better than the green ones? I always thought that the green were better, or is this only the case with the black plasic ones in the 30's? The Cheat
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:24:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:05:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Cheat:
Originally Posted By tooly:
View Quote
View Quote
Why are the old alloy followers better than the green ones? I always thought that the green were better, or is this only the case with the black plasic ones in the 30's? The Cheat
View Quote
Yes the alloy followers are better then the green ones, when it come to the 20 RD mags.
Top Top