Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2003 4:01:42 PM EDT
Gentlemen:

My stock only consists of USGI mags, mostly OKAY and CENTER mags. I'm also very picky. So, what I want to know is just how good are these freaking BRITISH mags? I've heard good stuff and bad stuff, so In my book I feel that they are inferior. But I don't have any hard facts to make that statement. I guess I'm just skeptical. Now, I know the HK mags ARE BETTER, but we can't get those.

So, what's the bottom line on the BRITISH MAGS? Plus are they the same size as USGI mags?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:05:21 PM EDT
Bought one of the grey finished steel English 30 round mags at a show in West Palm Beach last week. The vendor wanted to sell me a pack of five,but I wanted to try on one for size first. The first thing I noted was is that the black follower was rather crudely made, the seller sugested I install a new green one which I attempted to do when I got home. I found that the green follower was too long and would need about 1/16th of a inch removed from the front of the follower in order to fit.After working a few minutes with a file I gave up and installed a old black originial G.I. follower that fit just fine. I loaded it with surplus IMI 55grn.FMJ ammo and after a trip to the range found it functioned without a problem. The only thing I is there is zero front to rear space if any when loaded. Think I'll stick with G.I. mags for wtshtf..
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:25:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2003 5:25:32 PM EDT by mw365]
The Imperial Defence mags (black) seem to be OK, but I think that the Royal Ordinance mags(grey) had some problems in storage, and have a few minor issues... Troy lists them as tier 1 mags--how could you beat that recommendation? Edited for speeling..
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:57:31 PM EDT
While I have a huge amount of respect for Troy, and find that I generally agree whole heartedly with him on AR issues, mags is one area where I've got to respectfully disagree. Owning and using GI mags is a king sized pain in the butt. Look at how many posts show up here on repairing, painting, and generally pampering GI mags. Guys spend hundreds of dollars amassing king sized quantities of the things, so they'll have enough good ones around to rotate and not wear them out. The Brit mags? Well the four I've got (plain floorplate, grey parked finish) took a bit of pampering to make fit; opening up the retention slot, cutting the center leg of the follower so it'll hold 30, and one of them is just enough off kilter that that bullet noses rub the front wall slightly, but at least the feed lips are unlikely to crack for no good reason, and I don't expect the floorplate tabs to break off either. That being said, the H21 and H22 Thermold mags are top dog at my house. I don't care what you think you've heard about Thermolds. They don't crack, they don't swell, and they feed reliably----always. At least mine do[:D] The only GI mags at my house are a couple of 20 rounders that I keep for bench shooting. But if the SHTF, I'll go with the Thermolds, with the Brit units as a last resort.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:20:19 PM EDT
OK, I'm anal-retentive about my guns, but... Most of the British mags I've seen look pretty solid. My only gripe with them is that they are made out of steel, and I don't like the idea of steel-on-aluminum when I slide them into the mag well. Mags are replaceable, my lower receiver is not. So I'd rather have the mag wear out than the mag well loosen up. And a steel mag will inflict more wear on an alloy receiver than alloy-on-alloy will. That said, i DO have five steel PMI 40-rounders that function flawlessly, and I use 'em a fair amount. I did have them molycoated to cut down on the magwell wear factor. But when it's alloy 30's versus steel 30's, and there is no functional advantage to either, I'll stick with alloy. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:21:19 PM EDT
I have five of the RO mags. The followers are the anti-tilt design but then are made out of soft plastic and are pretty crude, as a result, they don't work as intended. Was originally intending to make the followers work by fileing on them, but after the first one, realized it was pointless and put in some green followers instead. The mag catch holes were about 0.005 inches too small, compared to USGI mags. As a result, they would not allow the mag catch to fully engage. About one minute of fileing solved that problem though. Other than those issues, the mags seem to work fine and once the modifications were made, a fully loaded mag could be inserted with the bolt closed. It is also highly recommended that you cycle the follower in the mag a bit with a ruler first before shooting to smooth things up some. I would say that these are not as good as USGI mags off the shelf, but if the price is right they are worth the time and expense.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:23:51 PM EDT
I wouldn't buy them because they are made of steel. They're not much cheaper than USGIs, are heavier, and rust.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 2:56:01 AM EDT
I bought a few from Dillon and they work great just as-is. I did replace the followers and springs just for a feel good measure, but shot a lot of ammo out of them as they came. I don't see a problem with the steel mag and aluminum receiver as all of mine are drop free mags and hardly rub the receiver at all. I'm going to buy more. Hoppy
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:36:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By pulpsmack: I wouldn't buy them because they are made of steel. They're not much cheaper than USGIs, are heavier, and rust.
View Quote
Ammoman had British for 5 for $79 or 10 for $145, save %3 with PMO. So they [b]can[/b] be cheaper than USGI. He had them a while back and has them again. I like the British mags. I too have the concern about wear on an alloy receiver. I don't know if it has any foundation. I replaced the followers with green ones right off. I know others have had to file metal here and there, but my Armalite and Colt had no problems with them right out of the box. If you buy them for what Ammoman is charging now, then they are definitely worth getting. I'm thinking of getting some more. I have plenty of USGI, but haven't had any problems with the British mags.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:33:54 AM EDT
The grey brit mags have served me well, but with some ammo (like wolf) that the cartridge oal can be a bit inconsistant, the tips of the bullets rub the front of the mag. This is only on some of the grey brit mags, but 3 out of the 5 I have don't rub a bit, and only 1 I would consider unusable w/ wolf (works fine w/ Q3131A so I'm taking a guess its an OAL inconsistancy, correct me if I'm wrong) as it hangs up pretty tight when loading the 18th or so round. This is probably both an inconsitancy in the internal dimensions of the mag, and both the over all length of the ammo. So some of these CAN be an issue there, but all of them have worked fine with stuff like PMP, UMC, Q3131A, american eagle, and a few other commercial ammos. Wolf was the only one that sticks up that mag. The grey brit mags have black anti-tilt followers, but I hear they are less rigid then the green or orange. I haven't had any issues with the working ones, but the same mag that won't feed wolf also had a chip on its follower, where it engages the bolt hold open. I replaced it and the bolt hold open worked fine afterwards. The grey brit SA80's also have the 6 welds in front and back, and are of decent gauge steel. I've already dropped on onto am ammo can, which was more like a throw since I attempted to catch it and ended up making things worse but throwing it back up in the air (lol, I'm shure you all have fumbled somethin like this before) sending it flying side first into the side of an ammo can about 2 or 3 feet away. This put a small dent in the side of it, but it still works. I wouldn't try this with a USGI aluminum mag, I'm not shure it would survive. Thats my 2 cents on these mags.. I plan on buying a few more and refinishing them all with a nice gloss or flat black finish, and replacing the followers/springs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:29:15 PM EDT
One of my only complaints with the Brit mags is that the stripper clip spoons do not fit well at all, making it hard, if not impossible to use strippers for a quick reload.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 8:23:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jshooter: One of my only complaints with the Brit mags is that the stripper clip spoons do not fit well at all, making it hard, if not impossible to use strippers for a quick reload.
View Quote
True.. Prolly has to do with the steel being a little thicker. Just adjust one of your stripper guides for the Brit mags and leave one for the aluminums if your are using them.. I marked mine as to which one they are for. Not the best 'SHTF friendly' solution, but I really hope the 5 or 6 loaded mags I have ready are enough anyways.. D:
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 2:57:35 PM EDT
I have a couple of Brit mags, They will be range mags only for my AR (when its togather). I do like the idea that they are steel. The Brit mags just look like they will take the abuse better then USGI alloy mags.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:52:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/23/2003 8:53:35 AM EDT by El_Roto]
I've not had a problem getting my G.I. "spoons" to fit my Brit mags. Most common problem, as noted above, is some of the mags not wanting to latch when loaded full. You can fix this by opening up the mag catch hole a 16th of an inch, or trimming the leg of the follower by the same ammount. I had to do this on all but one of my R.O. mags. The followers are a bit rough but I've found they smooth out nicely after you cycle them up and down a dozen times with a ruler. I've got about 26 30-round mags now and over half are R.O's from Ammoman. I'd prefer aluminum for the weight savings, but it's my opinion you can't beat the Brit mags when it comes to price and functionality.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 10:14:41 AM EDT
I have several of the Brit gray steal mags and have had %0 malfunctions with them. The steel mag is noticibly heavier then GI but they shore do take abuse well. My purchase came from the same lot and I suspect that there might have been a slight diffrence between lots that caued the problems other have spoken about. As far as the followers are concerned the black as issue are still in place due to excellent service they have provided. I normally leave two mags loaded at all times and rotate them on regular schedule and the springs are still strong.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 1:23:50 PM EDT
I am a Brit, living here now, but when I was in the British Forces I used the mag's in my SA80 rifle. They where sturdy and had not failed me. Though they are 30 rounds I could not always load 30 into them. It was the long arm on the follower. I have 10 of these in 30 rounds but I bet you didnt know they made some of these in 20 rounders though. There wasnt many though.I served on the Falkland Islands and 'other places' during my younger days, and remember dropping a few in fire fights!!!! I have stripped and blued a couple of the 30 rounders and replaced the follower with the green ones, and they look and work great. I will do a couple more but keep the others as they are...for old time sake. The ones I have just drop out of the mag well and I think you would have to do a lot of rubbing on it with the mag's to wear the well out.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:44:31 PM EDT
I have about 7 or 8 of them. All feed perfectly fine, fit fine, and I've had no problems with them whatsoever. *shrug*
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 4:25:02 AM EDT
I've had really good luck with the black Brit. mags, but have had the same problems as everyone else with the gray ones. I have one of the brit 20 round magazines which unlike the Colts I have is curved like a 30 rounder. This magazine is black, but I had the same issue with it as I did with the gray 30 rounders. Filing solves those problems. Other than that I haven't had any real issues with these magazines, and in fact have been very happy with them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:16:35 AM EDT
Hypothetical question: The gray Brit mags are nicely phosphated as is. Phos is used all the time as a surface prep for subsequent painting and coating. What do you all think about application of a high performance industrial moly/teflon satin/matte black dry film lubricant coating over a properly degreased gray Brit mag? What would you be willing to pay for a new, coated gray Brit mag? The Dry Film Lube would further protect the steel against corrosion, and provide lubricity for insertion and ejection of the mag from the lower, reducing friction and wear. I'd be interested in your input. Noah
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:38:25 AM EDT
Interesting idea, Noah. I've got some dry-moly lube at home and may try this for grins.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:12:37 PM EDT
I bought one grey and a black just to try them out. Grey worked fine after replacing the cheasy blue follower. Black worked just fine right out of wrapper.. Overall good mags but not any better and certainly not cheaper than used surplus GI 30's. I won't by anymore when I can get good used GI's for $ 15-18 all day long. Did see some of the SA-80 20 round mags today and was not all that impressed with the quality or price; Again I will stick with GI 20's.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 4:55:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/27/2003 4:57:11 AM EDT by Submariner]
Once I replaced the spongy blue follower with a green USGI, I have had no problem with the parkerized Brit mags. I took two mags, one USGI and one Brit, each loaded with 28 rounds, to the Post Office and weighed them. The guy behind the counter, a former Marine, laughed his ass off. The Brit mag comes in at four ounces heavier than the USGI. Three pounds on twelve mags, FWIW.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 5:31:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By C-4:
Originally Posted By pulpsmack: I wouldn't buy them because they are made of steel. They're not much cheaper than USGIs, are heavier, and rust.
View Quote
Ammoman had British for 5 for $79 or 10 for $145, save %3 with PMO. So they [b]can[/b] be cheaper than USGI. He had them a while back and has them again.
View Quote
You missed the point entirely... Brit mags for the most part have been consistently cheaper than USGIs. The problem is that they're not much cheaper. 10 steel mags for $145? I can do better than that these days with very good (not NIW) condition USGIS. As the AWB draws to the end (if not a temporary lull) to its miserable existence USGI magazines have and will continue to plummet. I remember 6 months ago people wouldn't let a piece of shit USGI go for less than $20. Now you can find good condition ones for less than $15. unless Brit mags go less than $10 (which they won't) there's no reason in the world to buy them IMO.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 11:15:21 AM EDT
Why is it that we worry about the durability of our aluminum mags, but not our aluminum rifles?
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 5:58:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bradd_D: Why is it that we worry about the durability of our aluminum mags, but not our aluminum rifles?
View Quote
Because the aluminum in the rifles is ten times or more thicker, and heat treated to hold up, and the mags aren't [:D] Still, you ask a good question, so maybe a bit of history is in order here. Most of y'all probably are unaweare that when the M16 was first issued, standing orders were that magazines were to be discarded after three or four (can't recall which) uses. Apparently, this order got dropped somewhere along the way so now the military, like us, uses them until they turn into total junk. BTW, that's the reason the finish on GI mags wears off so easily. They weren't expected to last long enough for the finish to matter; and now we have a whole industry of mag refinishing products and replacement parts.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 8:18:02 AM EDT
Originally Posted By shamayim:
Originally Posted By Bradd_D: Why is it that we worry about the durability of our aluminum mags, but not our aluminum rifles?
View Quote
Because the aluminum in the rifles is ten times or more thicker, and heat treated to hold up, and the mags aren't [:D] Still, you ask a good question, so maybe a bit of history is in order here. Most of y'all probably are unaweare that when the M16 was first issued, standing orders were that magazines were to be discarded after three or four (can't recall which) uses. Apparently, this order got dropped somewhere along the way so now the military, like us, uses them until they turn into total junk. BTW, that's the reason the finish on GI mags wears off so easily. They weren't expected to last long enough for the finish to matter; and now we have a whole industry of mag refinishing products and replacement parts.[:D]
View Quote
I guess I was just lucky, but I used and abused mags in the Army for 3 1/2 years and never had a problem with any of 'em. Finish isn't important to me as it's form follows function. They must be doing just fine if we've been issuing them for the past 40 years and quite frankly I'm not anxious to use anything designed for the SA-80. [;)]
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 9:56:58 PM EDT
As far as steel mags wearing out a mag well,Let me ask this has any ones trigger and hammer pin holes enlarged because of the steel pins used?Mine hasnt and 20,000 rounds and 11 years later the holes are fine as well as my upper in wich a steel carrier rides.Remeber the DSA fal has an aluminum lower and it takes steel mags as well as the Armalite AR10 with steel M14 mags and plenty of pisols the SIG and BARETTA all aluminum lower stell mag and slide,it would take thousands and thousands of mag changes before the well remotely started to open up.As afr as rust it depends where you live but steel is good enough for the AK and the 14,its good enough for my AR and they are tougher.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 4:43:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/4/2003 4:44:13 PM EDT by Bradd_D]
I'm of the school that steel AR mags are a solution in search of a problem. The surplus mag market is testament to the fact that aluminum mags survive just fine. How tough does your mag have to be?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 1:29:39 PM EDT
Don't buy the gray SA 80 steel mags. they are just one hell of a nightmare. I had two where the magazine body was too small and the bullets would just get caught inside the well half way down. I just got an extremely evil AR. I have one of those nice DPMS uppers that's CMMG sells. On Seven of the mags the channel between the feed lips was too small or maybe the catch was out of wack. When I released the bolt it just froze. I had 3 out of 11 mags that worked in my favorite evil rifle. With the other 7 where the bolt on my evil rifle kept on getting caught, I tried them on a postban parts gun which I assembled. They seem to work fine on that. I was very lucky. I would never buy any of the UK steel mags again. Note I have no experience with the black teflon coated ones. I would just stick with regular USGI contract or Colt. This is just my opinion and bad experience. If you decide to buy make sure the place has a good return policy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:04:51 PM EDT
I just figured I should specify, that I have the gray phosphate steel mags, not the black ones. I haven't replaced followers or anything like that. I loaded them up to 30 rounds, shot slow fire, shot rapid fire, no problems whatsoever. Just my 2 cents, if any of you don't want them, you can send them to me! :D
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:14:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By pulpsmack:
Originally Posted By C-4:
View Quote
Ammoman had British for 5 for $79 or 10 for $145, save %3 with PMO. So they [b]can[/b] be cheaper than USGI. He had them a while back and has them again.
View Quote
You missed the point entirely... Brit mags for the most part have been consistently cheaper than USGIs. The problem is that they're not much cheaper. 10 steel mags for $145? I can do better than that these days with very good (not NIW) condition USGIS. As the AWB draws to the end (if not a temporary lull) to its miserable existence USGI magazines have and will continue to plummet. I remember 6 months ago people wouldn't let a piece of shit USGI go for less than $20. Now you can find good condition ones for less than $15. unless Brit mags go less than $10 (which they won't) there's no reason in the world to buy them IMO.
View Quote
In 1997 I walked into a gunstore and the guy had a box of used but +80% USGI 20 rnd mags for 8$ apiece that worked flawlessly. I refinished them recently (Perma Slik) and they look as good as new. I had just bought my AR and knew basically nothing (still don't[BD]). I ended up buying about 15 of them, though regret not having bought the whole box. They worked flawlessly. I haven't found a deal (IMO) like that since. The gun shows/stores I've been to either don't have mags, they're USA POS mags, they want $45 for a slightly used USGI 30 rounder, or they are selling the British mags for $25 or $30. If you can buy used USGI for less than $15, that's great. I'm not seeing those deals. If an add like that comes up on EE, it's followed by the word 'SOLD'. I've bought many (IMO) NIW USGI 30 rounders on EE and I'm very happy with them. But I think for what we can get them for ($14), the British mags are a great deal [b]and that is why I have bought them.[/b] And you're correct--there will be a 'lull', followed by a new AWB with new provisions preventing the importation of regular capacity (30 rnd) mags and the discussion will be about whether or not to buy the $150 USGI or the $75 British mags. Yes, [b]overall[/b], I feel the British mags are inferior to USGI, but I have not had any fit/feed/function problems with them and still recommend them. And, no, I didn't miss your point.[:D]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:10:08 PM EDT
I've had good luck with my "inferior" metal gray Made in England mags. Two had to be filed so they would engage the mag catch, but after that no problems at all. I have six that I use for range mags, and save my USGI's for when mags get too expensive to shoot with. Never had a preoblem with any of them. Must have been lucky I guess. BTW, all load 30rds and have the blackish blue followers.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:52:06 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bradd_D: I'm of the school that steel AR mags are a solution in search of a problem.
View Quote
Same here, but I have six USGI mags that are worthless because of cracked feed lips. Not a huge number, but they *will* wear out with enough use. Google "aluminum" & "endurance limit". Over-engineering an aluminum product is one way to strengthen it and push the eventual failure into infinity (like an AR lower). Magazines don't offer much excess space to work with - tolerances inside an AR being what they are.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 10:08:30 PM EDT
C-4: It is matter of timing on the EE. Out of 5 deals selling for $13 or under, I have been able to either make the deal or was able to but passed on it 4.5 out of 5 times. (the 4.5 comes from missing a guy's sale, but he had a second order come in a few days later). Keep in mind, we're talking 5 sales this month & we're only 9 days into the month. You will only see more of these deals open up. You need to be more persistent & check more often to get the deals. After all, If I can nab 4.5 out of five deals, a little persistence should enable you to get in on at least 2 of them. That being said, I can see you supplementing a mag or 2 with Brit steel due to experimental curiosity & local price frustration, but if I couldn't find mags for under $15 in my area I still wouldn't make a complete collection of Brit steel mags... I'd just become more persistent with the EE ads. Also, put up a WTB ad on the board. I had 2 guys that did not advertise on the EE make me reasonable offers (unfortunately after I got my deals in motion). Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 3:25:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By pulpsmack: C-4: It is matter of timing on the EE. Out of 5 deals selling for $13 or under, I have been able to either make the deal or was able to but passed on it 4.5 out of 5 times. (the 4.5 comes from missing a guy's sale, but he had a second order come in a few days later). Keep in mind, we're talking 5 sales this month & we're only 9 days into the month. You will only see more of these deals open up. You need to be more persistent & check more often to get the deals. After all, If I can nab 4.5 out of five deals, a little persistence should enable you to get in on at least 2 of them. That being said, I can see you supplementing a mag or 2 with Brit steel due to experimental curiosity & local price frustration, but if I couldn't find mags for under $15 in my area I still wouldn't make a complete collection of Brit steel mags... I'd just become more persistent with the EE ads. Also, put up a WTB ad on the board. I had 2 guys that did not advertise on the EE make me reasonable offers (unfortunately after I got my deals in motion). Good luck!
View Quote
Sound advice. I'll give the WTB a try. Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:59:03 AM EDT
I bought 4 grey brit steels (new) and 5 USGI (used) from my local gun store (all 30 rounders). One of the steels needed a very small amout of fileing on the mag catch to lock in correctly but they all work great. Two of the USGI mags fit so loosly in the mag well of my LoPro Classic that they don't work right [i](anybody want to trade one brit steel for two USGIs?)[/i]. One of the remaining three USGIs will only load 20 rounds because there is a dent on the trailing edge of the mag that I didn't see in the store. Now, if the mag had been steel I'm sure it wouldn't have dented as much. For me, brit grey steels are the ONLY way to go.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:53:23 AM EDT
The last 5 brit mags I bought needed no filing to fit my Bushmaster, even when loaded to capacity. Gotta like that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 10:17:13 PM EDT
I bought 10 last time. Ditto to above post.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 5:35:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/11/2003 5:42:51 AM EDT by Siglite]
I have used the black teflon brit mags and I have not had one failue as of yet. I have even used them during an IDPA thee gun match where you have to move and fire at multiple targets from different positions against the clock. I have had no failures during any course of fire. I've gotten into AR type rifles a little late in life,so I have only a few aluminum mags. The black steel teflon brit mags work fine in both of my Armalite rifles, and they seem alot stronger to me. I am definitely going to order more.
Originally Posted By sksman761: Don't buy the gray SA 80 steel mags. they are just one hell of a nightmare. I had two where the magazine body was too small and the bullets would just get caught inside the well half way down. I just got an extremely evil AR. I have one of those nice DPMS uppers that's CMMG sells. On Seven of the mags the channel between the feed lips was too small or maybe the catch was out of wack. When I released the bolt it just froze. I had 3 out of 11 mags that worked in my favorite evil rifle. With the other 7 where the bolt on my evil rifle kept on getting caught, I tried them on a postban parts gun which I assembled. They seem to work fine on that. I was very lucky. I would never buy any of the UK steel mags again. Note I have no experience with the black teflon coated ones. I would just stick with regular USGI contract or Colt. This is just my opinion and bad experience. If you decide to buy make sure the place has a good return policy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 4:47:08 PM EDT
Ihave painted several Brit gray mags with Brownell's Aluma-Hyde II. Just clean them well first with mineral spirits and have at it. Look much better matching the rifle now and the Aluma-Hyde holds up quite well also. I only painted the part of the mag that extends below the mag well plus 1/2 inch up into the mag well so my mags have a two-tone finish. I have found that the Aluma-Hyde II does tend to scrape off fairly easily by the mag catch, or at least it has on some aluminum 20 round mags I painted, so I just avoided that by not painting that area on the Brit mags.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 1:57:58 AM EDT
I prefer the black teflon Brit mags to the gray parkerized version. I own 32 of the black ones and 6 of the gray ones. The fit and finish just seems better on the black mags, and the teflon coating seems pretty tough. I've never had any problems loading the black mags to capacity and they all function perfectly in my three Colts. I prefer black teflon Brit mags over USGI 30 rounders.
Top Top