Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2003 7:15:44 AM EDT
I have trying to come up up with another winter project, and this time I think I came up with a winner. But now I have a legal question. Can I take a pre-ban drum magazine made for one weapon and modify it to fit another.

I have the opportunity to pick up a couple of AK drums at a very, very low price. Since I no longer have an AK, I figured I could modify one to fit an AR. I realize this will entail lot of work, but I like these types of challenges.

So can I modify a preban in this manner or does it fall into the category of manufacturing a new magazine?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:37:21 AM EDT
OK, I'm not a legal eagle but IIRC,As you describe it NO. Why? As far as I know If you modify a preban magazine to fit another firearm it MUST retain the ability to function in the original firearm as well or you are creating a new high cap magazine and in violation of the AWB...So if you can do it so it still works in an AK then your good to go....EXAMPLE: Preban UZI mags modified to fit colt style Ar15 9mm's: Works in the AR and still works in Uzi's..............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:55:27 PM EDT
My understanding of the twisted mag laws is the same as Underdog75's.
Top Top