Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 6:47:24 PM EDT
First off, thanks for looking

I have a black anodized 30 rounder that I bought 12 years ago. It isn't on the mag chart at biggerhammer.net so I figured I'd see if you guys knew what it was. Here's a pic:

Mag

It has a smooth black finish and no markings whatsoever. When I bought it the dealer said it was an FN mag(?) I'm curious to know what brand it is, over the years it's been pretty reliable but I'd like to upgrade the follower and spring.

Also, I was going through my ammo locker yesterday and found six Cooper 30 rounders that I have barely used. The welds look okay but the feed lips are sharp enough to actually gouge the round as it feeds. Is it worth it for me to round the edges slightly with a Dremel, or am I wasting my time with a POS Cooper mag? Also, when I upgrade he rest of my 30 rounders with springs, floorplates and followers are these Cooper mags worth upgrading?

Thanks in advance for your help. I got rid of most of my Thermold mags yesterday and have an order of Brit SA80 mags coming in to replace them.

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:10:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2003 8:12:02 PM EDT by XM777]
FNC Magazine. [img]www.moneypit.net/~bhinton/FNC/FNC%20Magazine.jpg[/img] [img]www.moneypit.net/~bhinton/FNC/FNC%20mag%20floorplate%20follower.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:14:57 PM EDT
Originally Posted By XM777: FNC Magazine. [url]www.moneypit.net/~bhinton/FNC/FNC%20Magazine.jpg[/url] [url]www.moneypit.net/~bhinton/FNC/FNC%20mag%20floorplate%20follower.jpg[/url]
View Quote
Thank you for the info. According to Troy's ranking the FNC mag is okay. I was worried that it was a USA or some other brand that would fail when I needed it most.
Top Top