Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 10:45:05 AM EDT
I'd rather spend my monies on new teflon mags or those neat HK mags rather than used UGSI or surplus NIW (I have one of these).

So should I save my money to buy some Bushmaster or equivalent teflon 20 and 30 round mags after the ban or spend it now on used USGI mags at my local gunstore?

CRC
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 12:54:34 PM EDT
Buy em now on the EE. You know the facts that they ARE available now and at what price. One year from now, highly unlikely they will be any cheaper ban or not.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 1:14:52 PM EDT
Ditto, you can find the mags on EE for under $15 easily, sometimes even $10 a pop. This price if for the USGI 30's. If your gun store is anything like my local one they will be raping you. I kid you not I saw the SA80 england mags for $30 a piece a couple of months ago and I went back the other day aan they were $39.99! Talk about bull shit when I can get them here for less than half that price [rofl]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 2:02:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By dcoke76: One year from now, highly unlikely they will be any cheaper ban or not.
View Quote
If the ban sunsets without being replaced, there will be ten years of mag production that will suddenly be available for our purchase. With that kind of surge in supply, it's hard to imagine that prices won't drop considerably. We're talking about going from a situation where we have a finite supply and infinite demand, to infinite supply. Prices will go down.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 2:22:31 PM EDT
Yes prices will drop IMHO if the Ban sunsets..But there are still enuff Preban Ar15 mags out there to keep the prices reasonable right now....What will benifit the most from the ban sunsetting is High Cap pistol mags...Theres lots of demand and limited supply..And for a lesser degree "oddball but still available" Mag prices will come down as well ie:Colt 9mm smg mags...Anyway I say BUY,BUY,BUY!!!!................UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:44:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By eswanson:
Originally Posted By dcoke76: One year from now, highly unlikely they will be any cheaper ban or not.
View Quote
If the ban sunsets without being replaced, there will be ten years of mag production that will suddenly be available for our purchase. With that kind of surge in supply, it's hard to imagine that prices won't drop considerably. We're talking about going from a situation where we have a finite supply and infinite demand, to infinite supply. Prices will go down.
View Quote
While there will be an extra supply out there, my understanding is, that the US Gov. doesn't "surplus" out any of the USGI stuff to us poor civilians thanks to Clinton. FB
Top Top