Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/1/2003 8:09:02 PM EDT
This question has probably been answered before but I need to know.  
I have been reading a lot of negative things about RGUNS.  I ordered some of their 30 rd. Teflon mags a few months ago and am wondering if they are true mil-spec magazines or not.  They got shipped in a timely manner with no problems and were exactly as advertised, so I am wondering what the deal is.  Are they cheap copies, illegal, bad customer service?  What?  
I would appreciate any info you guys have.  Thanks  
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Please tell me about RGUNS
View Quote

[red][size=6]NO ! ! ![/size=6][/red][:D]

I've never done business with R guns. Others have and some have had good luck and others have gotten screwed {by thier account}. R guns has a less than works and plays well with others from my experience on this board.

I'll never buy anything from R guns just on prinicpal. Too Many good people on this board to support.

Just my .02 for what ever.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 7:27:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Buster51, revere, and counting!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Counting?  What the hell are you talking about Spooge?  Enough with the big joke going on around here.  
All I want to know is if I can trust my life to these magazines or if I got ripped off.  I'm staring to think that the mags are just used mags that have been refinished.  Tell me about Rguns history on this site and if they've done something wrong then I won't support them.      
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#4]
"Tell me about Rguns history on this site and if they've done something wrong then I won't support them."
Ok I'll do your work for you!!
Go to page three of this topic forum, and look for the locked thread on RGUNS.
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=168229[/url]
PLEASE! PEOPLE! STOP! THE! RGUNS! QUESTIONS!
EVERYDAY! IS! A! NEW! ONE!
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:36:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link Spooge.  It looks like people have had problems with them before.

If anyone knows the origins of the black teflon mags I have then let me know.  Are they reassembled?

Other than that, I won't mention Rguns again.  Thanks        
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#6]
all you have to do is call and we would be happy to help you. as to the rest of the posts you will see are people with to much time on there hands. R GUNS OUT.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#7]
"as to the rest of the posts you will see are people with to much time on there hands."

But yet....here you are posting. [;D]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
all you have to do is call and we would be happy to help you. as to the rest of the posts you will see are people with to much time on there hands. R GUNS OUT.
View Quote

This is a fine example of RGUNS' attitude.  Taking a jab at his customer-base.  !!!  [ROFL2]

Anyway -- IN BEFORE THE LOCK !!!! [nana]
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#9]
There is no such thing as a US mil-spec teflon mag for the AR-15/M-16 period, and anyone who claims there is is not being truthfull.  

See the very long post here on the very same subject.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#10]
DrJarhead loves RGUNS. I'd follow his lead if I were you. In fact......I'm surprised he's not here to extoll their virtues. :o)

EDITED to say.........IBTL
[peep]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 3:58:01 AM EDT
[#11]
i have bought from r guns  a few times and have had absofuckinglutley no problems with them. bought a pair of post ban colt lowers, a bunch of mags and a bayo from them. the guys thast work there can sometimes be, shall we say terse with customers, but i love the shop dog. good prices, good equipment, just don't buy something, claim its broke  weeks later call your cc compnay and have the charges reversed and keep the product. like someone did, and then blast r guns every chance you get, because  it makes you feel better about ripping someone off. bottom line, good stuff, good prices, but customer service lacks sometimes. unless you deal with the shop dog.
i would not hesitate to buy from them again
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:14:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Wait, wait, wait...I need to make some popcorn.
I'm back, carry on!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:19:25 AM EDT
[#13]
what we posted was if you need to order CALL. the rest of the same old assbags like like spoogface have too much time on there hands. we seam to get bashed by the same few non customers. the rest I thank you for the business. you all have a nice day. R GUNS OUT..
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:38:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
what we posted was if you need to order CALL. [shock][red][size=6]the rest of the same old [u]assbags[/u] like like spoogface[/red][/size=6][shock] have too much time on there hands. we seam to get bashed by the same few non customers. the rest I thank you for the business. you all have a nice day. R GUNS OUT..
View Quote

............isn't that like a personel attack or something?
oh..................IBTL [:D]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#15]
[b][size=3]GUN DEALER GUILTY OF IMPERSONATING COPS[/b][/size=3]
[i]Chicago Tribune[/i]; Chicago, Ill.; Oct 17, 1997; Jerry Crimmins.

[red][b]A gun dealer who owns R Guns, 140 N. Western Ave., Carpentersville, pleaded guilty in Kane County Circuit Court this week to impersonating a police officer, said Jerry Singer, a spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
The charge is a felony and the gun dealer, Roger Lee Krahl, will lose his federal firearms license, said Singer.
Judge James Doyle sentenced him to 18 months' probation, said Singer.
Singer said Krahl, 33, of Algonquin, used letterheads from more than a dozen police departments to make it seem he was a police officer when he placed orders for assault weapons from manufacturers.
Krahl used the letterheads to buy more than 100 assault weapons and accessories.[/red][/b]

[i]Copyright Chicago Tribune Co. Oct 17, 1997[/i]

Edited to add:
This is not some 'Internet BS' and I am not 'blowing anything out of proprotion'. This is public record.  Whether you choose to ignore it and do business with a felon is your decision, but you should have all the facts.

Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:14:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh yeah, I almost forgot:

[red][b][size=6]IBTL[/red][/b][/size=6]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Frankly, I am getting quite tired of the RGUNS bashing.  If they were truly that bad, then there is no way they could possibly still be in business.  Sometimes it seems that fads appear on ARFCOM, like calling Ammoman the best thing ever, or calling RGUNS the worst thing ever.  I doubt that either is the case.  I will probably give RGUNS a try on an order, according to some, it may be a risk, but I choose to take it.  RGUNS does not help themselves by calling folks "assbags", though.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#18]
How is it U.S.A. mags can still be bought and sold[?]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#19]
RGUNS:

I am not going to get into a pissing match with you. I love to read the other vendors who come on this forum, and try their [b]BEST[/b], to work with the customer, without insulting the rest of the world. You obviously have people, who have had an enjoyable experience with your business, and some with a not so favorable one.
If I owned a business like yours, I would be spending my time making [b]SURE[/b] my customers are getting the best service as possible. Not wasting my time trolling around [b]ANY[/b] discussion forum, looking for anyone saying something bad about me. This is America. Freedom of speech. I know you know this, not trying to insult your intelligence, but if I may… a word of wisdom. [b]USE[/b] these pros, and negatives to your advantage! Read them and learn from them, to give better service. You make more money, and the world loves you. Everyone is happy.

Good Luck!
Yours Truly,
Assbag.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 10:35:22 AM EDT
[#20]
You can't teach an old dog new tricks. [ROFL]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Just what kind of a pirate is SPOOGE5150 anyway?And HAS HE SLIT ANY THROATS ? OK LETS PUT HIM ON POINT AND SEE .
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#22]
giys, if you keep liabling RGUNS he will threten to soo you like he did too me.

asshat
dude i am SO in here before the Lock...i can feel it
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:04:13 PM EDT
[#23]
have a nice day. R GUNS OUT....
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#24]
BUSTER51..
I am now totally convinced you work for, or are friends with RGUNS.

You keep stoking the fire!
Other vendors come in here and offer their knowledge, and experience. Along with replying to comments about them.

What I have been noticing, is that, every couple of days someone [b]NEW[/b] to the site, comes in, and out of the blue asks about RGUNS.
They have a low count, and very recent join date, then later that night after several posts have been made, RGUNS comes in and blasts everyone. Then like a big surprise, the one, you know that started the thread, sticks up for RGUNS.  You just started one, what three days ago?

Now, am I to be the brunt of the RGUNS saga?
So be it. I’m a big boy. I have not said anything inflammatory against RGUNS.
Just pointed out things I think are fishy.

Spooge Out!

EDIT TO SAY. While I was writing this response, RGUNS posted. Did he stoke the fire? [b]NO![/b]  So let's all take the high road and stop slamming each other!
Everyone have a nice day, and love life!

Spooge Double Out!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
have a nice day. R GUNS OUT....
View Quote

Ok, this sounds better Mr. Rguns. Please continue working on the friendly attitude.  You are looking good sir !!!
[beer]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Never had the first trouble with them, and I have purchased several items from these guys.
From my past experience with RGuns I will continue to buy additional items when needed.
Their shipping is about the best I have delt with in a long time. Order stuff on Tuesday morning and have it in my hand on Thursday, without paying for 2nd day air shipping. Can't beat that deal.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:18:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
what we posted was if you need to order CALL. the rest of the same old assbags like like spoogface have too much time on there hands. we seam to get bashed by the same few non customers.
View Quote

Am I a "non customer"?
I am now that's for damn sure so quit sending me your damn flier. I get enough junk mail as it is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or as PT Barnum said: "There's a sucker born every minute."
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 3:45:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

actually the entire quote from mr barnum was " there is a sucker born every minute........and two to take them"

like accepting something from a dealer and not paying for it
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
i have bought from r guns  a few times and have had absofuckinglutley no problems with them.
View Quote

Were you in drag when you went into the store?

[:D]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#31]
slash get a life. R GUNS OUT.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

actually the entire quote from mr barnum was " there is a sucker born every minute........and two to take them"

like accepting something from a dealer and not paying for it
View Quote

So who really is the "sucker"?

Tequilabob, maybe you should stick to talking about things you actually know something about. I know that's pretty damn restrictive but...
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on what you are sucking on. If its SLASH's tool, then that would be you.

maybe you should stick to talking about things you actually know something about.
View Quote

Maybe you should stick to thing you know about also, namely lying, stealing, prison shower incidents, and reach-arounds.

LOL Ass-Pony..
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Were you in drag when you went into the store?
View Quote

SLASH, I thought that summer vacation was over. Why aren't you back in school?

If you keep skipping class, then you are never going to get out of Jr. High School.

STDB!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:51:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Was ist ein "assbag"?

ROTFLMAO

Now I know what IBTL means, thanks much!

I'm new, who's side should I be on?

Too funny...
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Well, he is still advertising teflon mags with aftermarket floorplates as Mil-Spec, so he is still telling lies in his advertising.

Funny thing is, he has what would appear to be real mil-spec pre bans and doesn't call them that. I guess he makes up the mil-specs as he goes along.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:50:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on what you are sucking on. If its SLASH's tool, then that would be you.

maybe you should stick to talking about things you actually know something about.
View Quote

Maybe you should stick to thing you know about also, namely lying, stealing, prison shower incidents, and reach-arounds.

LOL Ass-Pony..
View Quote

Eggbitch, is that you?[rofl2]
See you're still obsessed with your homosexual fantasies. Geez, just get a boyfriend or something. Not like it's really going to be a surprise to anyone.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#38]
[img]http://www.homevideos.com/photosdramas/grhog.jpeg[/img]

Didnt we just do this thread the other day? ...and the week before that?....and just last month too?

I SWEAR TO FREAKING GOD, you all are like a bunch of old freaking ladies that forgot what they talked about yesterday!

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
See you're still obsessed with your homosexual fantasies.
View Quote

[nana]  LOL Ass-Pony!!!!  [nana]

Homosexual fantasies?? You are the one that is obsessed with jailhouse bitches, prison showers, and reach-arounds.

Do us all a favor, we won't ask and please don't tell anymore stories about you and your boyfriend's love life!

Run along now, its time for your daily "shower".
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.homevideos.com/photosdramas/grhog.jpeg[/url]

Didnt we just do this thread the other day? ...and the week before that?....and just last month too?

I SWEAR TO FREAKING GOD, you all are like a bunch of old freaking ladies that forgot what they talked about yesterday!

View Quote

I agree with Lumpy. Its Ground Hog Day Again?

IBTL #672 on RGuns Topics to date.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 5:41:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll keep preaching the gospel as long as KMA and XM001 keep spreading lies and discussing their sexual perversions. [:D]

You'll notice that these threads are usually started by newbies.  I'll be damned if I'll stand by silent and allow RGUNS to take advantage of their naievety. He burned me, I won't let it happen to anyone else without warning them.

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
what we posted was if you need to order CALL. the rest of the same old assbags like like spoogface have too much time on there hands. we seam to get bashed by the same few non customers. the rest I thank you for the business. you all have a nice day. R GUNS OUT..
View Quote

Translation:

Our message advised telephoning us if you desire to conduct business.  You will find our greatest detractors do not do business with us.  For those who do; we appreciate you patronage.  Good day.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Translation:

Our message advised telephoning us if you desire to conduct business.  You will find our greatest detractors do not do business with us.  For those who do; we appreciate you patronage.  Good day.  

View Quote

More like:
If you really must bother us, then use the telephone. Most of our customers are idiots, and the rest of you can fuck off. I have no concept of the term 'customer service', so just give me your credit card and don't ask questions. Thanks for buying my (possibly illegal) magazines. I can't think of anything witty, so good-fucking-bye now.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#44]
[beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse] [beathorse]

[B]GET THE POINT[/B] [pissed]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:34:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Lock this loser thread already !!!!!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Translation:

View Quote

More like:
If you really must bother us, then use the telephone. Most of our customers are idiots, and the rest of you can fuck off. I have no concept of the term 'customer service', so just give me your credit card and don't ask questions. Thanks for buying my (possibly illegal) magazines. I can't think of anything witty, so good-fucking-bye now.
View Quote

Welcome back, QCMGR. Always liked your translations![:D]

Slash, I think you outdid QCMGR on this one and I didn't think I'd ever be saying that!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#47]
[bow]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#48]
hahahahahah! I just won 200 rd can of Aussie .308 and 100 rd of tracer ammo from ammoman on the football pool! Yes!!!

Free stuff is always great. Thanks Ammoman!

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Please, please, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!  For the love of Almighty GOD, someone lock this damn thread!!!!!!!  I am SO f*ckin' sick of hearing about RGUNS!!!  EVERY thread about this guy and his business has turned into a pissing match!!!!  For the record, I couldn't care less about who does what with them!!!  If you like them, fine.  If you don't, fine.  If you're curious about them, call them and let the way they treat YOU (not someone else) determine if YOU want to continue to do business with them.  Please let this rest!

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't know about the rest of you, but I could never keep a straight face when I read QCMGR's translations.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top