User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
HOLY HELL!

What did I start.  I agree with Reaper, someone close this thread.  I should have never asked.  I just wanted to know what the magazines I had were, but it doesn't matter.  They function fine, look great and appear to be milspec with six welds up the side.

So don't tell me about Rguns anymore and please, please don't tell me about jailhouse shower scenes.  

Let's all go clean a favorite gun or watch the Simpsons, or something.  And I apologize for starting this whole thing.            
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:00:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Please, please, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!  For the love of Almighty GOD, someone lock this damn thread!!!!!!!  I am SO f*ckin' sick of hearing about RGUNS!!!  EVERY thread about this guy and his business has turned into a pissing match!!!!  For the record, I couldn't care less about who does what with them!!!  If you like them, fine.  If you don't, fine.  If you're curious about them, call them and let the way they treat YOU (not someone else) determine if YOU want to continue to do business with them.  Please let this rest!

-REAPER2502
View Quote

I have to agree this shit is getting old.
Call them up and buy some merchandise if you wish, if not then don't, but let this RGuns BullShit rest.

Revere
    It appears from reading your thread you are satisfied with your purchase, as long as you are happy that is all that matters. I have bought Mags from these guys as well and I am also very satisfied with my purchase.
    Just for the record Labelle made and still makes the 20rd semi-banana shaped Mags. They were introduced into the market for DPMS. These Mags are still manufactured today but only for LEO or Government use only and they were built with Military Specifications. RGuns purchased most of the entire of pre-ban stock that was left over after the ban, this is the reason they have them in stock.
The 30rd Teflon Mags are the same way they were made by Labelle, and yes they are a good Military Spec. Mag. I have 30 or more myself.
Hope this answers your question.[;)]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Thanks nwatson.  That set of eyes you have by your name is pretty bitchin'.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks nwatson.  That set of eyes you have by your name is pretty bitchin'.
View Quote

Don't mention it, the eyes one of my buds told me it meant "I am a sneaky shit with night vision".[:D]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
hahahahahah! I just won 200 rd can of Aussie .308 and 100 rd of tracer ammo from ammoman on the football pool! Yes!!!

Free stuff is always great. Thanks Ammoman!

View Quote

So let me guess, the ammo is going to be "defective" when you recieve it and you are going to be here boohoo'ing about it.

Eric, you are taking a big risk getting involved with this lying, stealing asshole. Be warned.

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
hahahahahah! I just won 200 rd can of Aussie .308 and 100 rd of tracer ammo from ammoman on the football pool! Yes!!!

View Quote

So let me guess, the ammo is going to be "defective" when you recieve it and you are going to be here boohoo'ing about it.

Eric, you are taking a big risk getting involved with this lying, stealing asshole. Be warned.

View Quote

That ain't very nice.[nono]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

That ain't very nice.[nono]
View Quote

No, he's not.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The 30rd Teflon Mags are the same way they were made by Labelle, and yes they are a good Military Spec. Mag. I have 30 or more myself.
View Quote

No, they are not a military spec mag, no matter how much anyone says they are. Nor are the curved 20's.

The military has never issued any contracts for a teflon coated mag, and never had a version of the drawing number (the spec the mags are made from) that specified teflon coating. There is no evidince of teflon finished aluminum mags being asked for, purchased, or issued by the military.

They may be pretty damm close other than the coating, but there is no government spec for a teflon coated mag, therefore it is not possible for any teflon coated mag to be mil-spec.

Calling those mil-spec is like taking a military HMMWV off the assembly line before it gets painted and covering it in hot pink paint. Since the military specifies CARC paint in lusterless camo colors, the HMMWV does not meet the spec, and therefore would not be accepted for government purchase, as it does not meet the spec.

A hot-pink HMMWV is not mil-spec.
Purple BDU pants that are made from the exact same material and pattern as issue BDU pants, and only differ in color, are not mil-spec.
Teflon coated aluminum M-16 mags are not mil-spec.

How many times does this need to be said before the "teflon military mag" lie ceases to be told?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
    Just for the record Labelle made and still makes the 20rd semi-banana shaped Mags. They were introduced into the market for DPMS. These Mags are still manufactured today but only for LEO or Government use only and they were built with Military Specifications.
View Quote

I think that we have established that the 'curved' 20-rounders aren't mil-spec either.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=164059&page=1[/url]
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

No, they are not a military spec mag, no matter how much anyone says they are. Nor are the curved 20's.

The military has never issued any contracts for a teflon coated mag, and never had a version of the drawing number (the spec the mags are made from) that specified teflon coating. There is no evidince of teflon finished aluminum mags being asked for, purchased, or issued by the military.

They may be pretty damm close other than the coating, but there is no government spec for a teflon coated mag, therefore it is not possible for any teflon coated mag to be mil-spec.

Calling those mil-spec is like taking a military HMMWV off the assembly line before it gets painted and covering it in hot pink paint. Since the military specifies CARC paint in lusterless camo colors, the HMMWV does not meet the spec, and therefore would not be accepted for government purchase, as it does not meet the spec.

A hot-pink HMMWV is not mil-spec.
Purple BDU pants that are made from the exact same material and pattern as issue BDU pants, and only differ in color, are not mil-spec.
Teflon coated aluminum M-16 mags are not mil-spec.

How many times does this need to be said before the "teflon military mag" lie ceases to be told?
View Quote

Garand_Shooter
   I stated the Mags were built to Mil. Specs. not for the Military. I think this is were the communication gap is being broken. The Teflon Coated 30rd Mags are the same Mags as the Colt Grey and what the Military uses. DPMS puts a Teflon Coating on them to match the coating of their rifles. That is what I said and still saying.

Slash
  I stated that Labelle built the 20rd Mags with Military Specifications as well as LE Specifications when the Mags were manufactured. I know a fact that is how DPMS had them manufactured.

Just because you build something with a higher spec. with Military Spec in mind doesn't mean they will purchase them or the Military is the only ones to use them.

I have 6 or more Colt 20rd Mags that are Teflon Coated, does this mean they are not built with Military Specs. in mind?

Basically the Mags are built with the same spec as Military Spec Mags, DPMS put the Teflon Coating on them, so you are getting the same Mag wether it is Colt Grey or DPMS Teflon.

Take the DPMS Teflon coated Mag and compare it to a Colt, Labelle, or Sanchez Mag
then state the difference.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Garand_Shooter
   I stated the Mags were built to Mil. Specs. not for the Military. I think this is were the communication gap is being broken. The Teflon Coated 30rd Mags are the same Mags as the Colt Grey and what the Military uses. DPMS puts a Teflon Coating on them to match the coating of their rifles. That is what I said and still saying.
View Quote

I know what you are saying, but here is the fact. When they deviated from the military specification for the magazine by putting the wrong finish on it, it became a magazine that is no longer mil-spec. I have no doubt that it is the same mag otherwise, but the teflon coating means it is not mil-spec, periofd, end of story.

If they put a teflon finish on it, they did not build it 100% to military specs.

Slash
  I stated that Labelle built the 20rd Mags with Military Specifications as well as LE Specifications when the Mags were manufactured. I know a fact that is how DPMS had them manufactured.
View Quote

Thre is no military specifcation for a curved 20rd mag, no drawing number for such a magazine exists. So therefore it is impossible for that mag to be mil-spec. You cannot build something ti military specifications if there are no such specification for that product.

If you know for a fact DPMS had them made to mil-specs, please elighten us with the military drawing number for this mag, where the specs are laid out. Back up what you "know for a fact" with actual facts!

Just because you build something with a higher spec. with Military Spec in mind doesn't mean they will purchase them or the Military is the only ones to use them.
View Quote

"Military Spec in mind"???? WTF does that mean? Is that like "Similar to as seen on TV"? They may be a better mag than mil-spec, or worse, but unless the meets the exact specifications laid out in drawing number 8448670 and its revisions it is not mil spec, just because you had "Military Spec in mind" when you deviated from the spec does not mean a damm thing.

I have 6 or more Colt 20rd Mags that are Teflon Coated, does this mean they are not built with Military Specs. in mind?
View Quote

Here we are again with the "Military Specs. in mind" crap. I don't give a shit what you had in mind, if it deosn't meet the spec than it is not mil-spec. I am sure cooper had "Military Specs. in mind" when they made thier non-spec mags too. If you can show me any military drawing number or specification that calls for teflon coating of 20 rounders, then they may be mil-spec. But since one does not exist, they are 20 rounders that probably meet the spec in every regard except finish.

Basically the Mags are built with the same spec as Military Spec Mags, DPMS put the Teflon Coating on them, so you are getting the same Mag wether it is Colt Grey or DPMS Teflon.

Take the DPMS Teflon coated Mag and compare it to a Colt, Labelle, or Sanchez Mag
View Quote

The teflon coating, which does not meet military specifications, if the difference. How hard is it to comprehend, there is no military sepcification for a teflon finish on an aluminum bodied mag, so therefore any mag that has such cannot be mil-spec. It may be so in every other single regard, but when you deviate from the spec in your finish, be it with black teflon or pink spray paint, you cannot call it mil-spec anymore.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
...Just because you build something with a higher spec. with Military Spec in mind doesn't mean they will purchase them or the Military is the only ones to use them.
View Quote

If it does not conform to a Mil Spec., then it is not Mil. Spec.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Garand_Shooter
View Quote

I know what you are saying, but here is the fact. When they deviated from the military specification for the magazine by putting the wrong finish on it, it became a magazine that is no longer mil-spec. I have no doubt that it is the same mag otherwise, but the teflon coating means it is not mil-spec, periofd, end of story.

If they put a teflon finish on it, they did not build it 100% to military specs.

Slash
View Quote

Thre is no military specifcation for a curved 20rd mag, no drawing number for such a magazine exists. So therefore it is impossible for that mag to be mil-spec. You cannot build something ti military specifications if there are no such specification for that product.

If you know for a fact DPMS had them made to mil-specs, please elighten us with the military drawing number for this mag, where the specs are laid out. Back up what you "know for a fact" with actual facts!

View Quote

"Military Spec in mind"???? WTF does that mean? Is that like "Similar to as seen on TV"? They may be a better mag than mil-spec, or worse, but unless the meets the exact specifications laid out in drawing number 8448670 and its revisions it is not mil spec, just because you had "Military Spec in mind" when you deviated from the spec does not mean a damm thing.

View Quote

Here we are again with the "Military Specs. in mind" crap. I don't give a shit what you had in mind, if it deosn't meet the spec than it is not mil-spec. I am sure cooper had "Military Specs. in mind" when they made thier non-spec mags too. If you can show me any military drawing number or specification that calls for teflon coating of 20 rounders, then they may be mil-spec. But since one does not exist, they are 20 rounders that probably meet the spec in every regard except finish.

View Quote

The teflon coating, which does not meet military specifications, if the difference. How hard is it to comprehend, there is no military sepcification for a teflon finish on an aluminum bodied mag, so therefore any mag that has such cannot be mil-spec. It may be so in every other single regard, but when you deviate from the spec in your finish, be it with black teflon or pink spray paint, you cannot call it mil-spec anymore.
View Quote

who gives a fat rats ass. i cannot believe the bullshit that gets gnawed over like a steak bone.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Ahhh, psycho #2 has arrived.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:22:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

who gives a fat rats ass. i cannot believe the bullshit that gets gnawed over like a steak bone.
View Quote

I hardly consider false advertising to be bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:37:53 AM EDT
[#16]
you have to be fucking stupid to be hovering over these forums nit picking about the coating on some fucking ar mags. you people have been at this for weeks and it is just fucking stupid. if you dont like something just dont buy it. some of you guys? must live on the goddamn internet. it aint healthy. unplug the godamn computer and play with your kids/dog/cat/ or just go shooting. thats what  i am going to do.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
you have to be fucking stupid to be hovering over these forums nit picking about the coating on some fucking ar mags. you people have been at this for weeks and it is just fucking stupid. if you dont like something just dont buy it. some of you guys? must live on the goddamn internet. it aint healthy. unplug the godamn computer and play with your kids/dog/cat/ or just go shooting. thats what  i am going to do.
View Quote

Well, what you do is click on the [my active topics] bar and all of the topics you are involved with come up. Hitting the refresh button on top will update this and you can bring the whole thing down to your toolbar for easy access when you want to check.

As for the rest: Well, take a hike whackjob[wave]
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top