Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2003 12:41:29 PM EDT
Just curious what freshly Permasilk G coated USGI mags with new green followers are worth.  I was thinking of refinishing a run of about 50 of these, but I wasn't sure if the refinishing & followers made them worth more than a standard 80% USGI mag.  Any opinions?
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 1:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I won't buy refinished mags. I don't know who refinished them, their process, or what the mags looked like before the refinishing.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I won't buy refinished mags. I don't know who refinished them, their process, or what the mags looked like before the refinishing.
View Quote

Ditto.  Me either for that matter, and that goes for me, too.

Noah
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#4]
i bought a couple for 18 or 20/ea.  looked fine to me, i'd buy more.  i guess it depends who is selling them though.  i got mine from the stubby gear guys.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 6:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a group of 50+ USGI mags coming in, most of them well used with some of the finish worn off.  The mags themselves are not damaged.  I figured it might make for a fun project to refinish them before reselling them, but I suppose it's not worth the time.

For anyone looking for a group of mags to refinish for themselves, this batch might be just the thing :)  I'll post in this forum when I receive them.

Thanks for the insight.  

BH
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 6:44:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Check your IM
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 2:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I refinish the mags that I have, but I know what condition they are in prior to refinish.  That being said, I dont buy refinished mags....don't fully know what I might get.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top