Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2003 7:15:39 PM EDT
First the good question, which is in two parts. I was cleaning out my reloading cabinet when I came across a bunch of black plastic stripper clips and a black plastic mag loader. None have any markings other than patent numbers. The loader can also be used to load US metal stripper clips. Who made and issued these, and are they still available, and if so where from? I like the heck out of them because the rounds stay in line while being fed into the mag.

Now for the stupid question. What is the purpose of the safety pin that is attached to all of my bandoleers?
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:45:21 AM EDT
[#1]
My word's not gospel, but...

Those platic, or plastic-like, stripper clips might actually be made by Thermold, I believe they'd be of the same material as the Thermold mags.  Thermold advertised them as emergency fuel sticks as well, the idea being they culd be burned in a pinch.
They might not be, but others might have enough info. here or somewhere else, if you post a question more directly related to the Thermold stripper clips.  I believe that their guide was also, made of the same material, and was not like the GI guide, but was a rectangular "horseshoe" shape, w/ a slotted raer channel that the strippers fit in, and a narrower guide up front, I guess for bullet "tips" to pass through.  Post pics if you can, somone here will get you better info.
The safety pin?  To be able to attach a guide to every bando?  I think that's a goal more than a reality.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 1:22:00 PM EDT
[#3]
They are Thermolds, they are, they are...I'm right, I'm right...

OK

Sorry, got a little too impressed w/ myself their

Thanks Troy
Tac40 go here for more, just found some, by coincidence, [url]http://www.deltaforce.com/[/url] , request a catalog, unless you already get one, they're in there, but I couldn't find them on the web site.

S2
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, that is them. I even ordered a couple cause I like them so much.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top