Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2003 8:00:43 AM EDT
Hi,

I have seen people who consider Imperial Defense mags to be junk, and other who consider Royal Ordnance to be junk.  It is usually depend on which ones they are selling.

Just wonder anybody who have tried them both would give an unbiased verdict.  Someone who are not selling either.

Thank you,

Paven
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea which is which, but the ones I have work. They have the blue/black follower and the gray finish. The followers have the third leg and I can load 30rds into them w/o any problems.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd bought one yesterday at the local gun shop, it just had a sticker on it, England.
It has the black follower and has a gray like finish, no markings.
I posted a picture of the mag at other boards, they said these where good mags.
I only bought one, wanted to try it out before buying more of them.

TG
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 10:56:56 AM EDT
[#3]
The Royal Ordnance magazines are defective from the way they were stored (stacked too high for too long). I'm not calling them junk just because I'm selling them. These are the ones you commonly have to file magazine catches on for them to lock in your magwell. Many of them do not drop free.

Imperial Defense magazines are just as good as USGI (after you switch the follower).
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Paven
I have several of both types.
I have not experienced any of the problems with the mags not seating that others have discussed in any of my 3 rifles (2 bushies and a RRA)
I have maybe 20 of the "Imperial" mags and 5 of the grey or "parked" mags
I like the "black" (Imperial) finished mags the best.
They seem to me to be "slicker" ie the finish is slipery compared to the "parked" mags.
I have changed all the followers in mine to the green or(my fav) orange followers.
For me, the Imperial mags are just as good, maybe better than USGI.
I have allways felt that the aluminum mags where easily damaged.
Just my 2cents
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I have several of the grey phosphated ones and have had no problems with the fit or function, but the finish is kind of rough though
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top