Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/14/2003 6:24:10 AM EDT
I found a few old GI magazines "as is" for $3 each. I picked a few up to see if I could make some range mags. The seller said they were "expanded". I have checked them with mics against a couple of good condition mags I have - and the measurements all seam close enough. The are all within the same tolerances as the mags that work. But they don't slide into a magwell.

Has anyone had experience with this. I didn't plan on them working 100% - but for $3 a mag I would be bragging if I could get them to work.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:26:39 AM EDT
I forgot to mention - there are no Obvious problems like dents or bends. I am making a jig out of heavy cardboard to make sure the lines , angles & curves are ok. They look pretty close comparing one to a good mag.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 6:28:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 8:27:50 AM EDT
Firemike, I have a sanchez (I think as it was a used GI magazine and the plate could have been mis-matched) that goes into my receiver rather tight. It functions OK but it will not drop out. It seems it is just a bit larger at the back of the mouth of the mag. I keep it around as a range mag, if those mags @ $3 each don't work... Use CMMGs replacement bodies. I picked up a bunch for a pile of crapped out 30 rd GIs I had laying around. Very nice when you can have a near new mag for under $20... (PS my first post)
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 8:43:36 AM EDT
Top Top