Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/1/2003 12:57:30 PM EDT
Anyone read the last issue of SWAT magazine? It had an article about HK ar mags (and a TY to Troy)

Anyone used/seen any of these?

It was a fairly good article, covered facts and myths about AR mags...
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=162819[/url]
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
OH WOW THEY HAVE "HK" ON THE FLOOR PLATES!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Too bad us regular civilians can't get our greedy little mits on these bad boys.  Just curious, can military personal purchase these?  I'm going to Benning for basic training in a few months.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 12:46:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Too bad us regular civilians can't get our greedy little mits on these bad boys.  Just curious, can military personal purchase these?  I'm going to Benning for basic training in a few months.
View Quote

Well, if we can get rid of this goofy 1994 ban next year, we civvies may yet have a shot at getting some H&K mags. But if they cost as much as most other H&K mags, I think I will just stick to the US GI versions that will be selling for about $10 each.
But I must say I do like the looks of that follower.

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 1:50:29 AM EDT
[#5]
VERY cool...[:D]
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:00:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well, if we can get rid of this goofy 1994 ban next year, we civvies may yet have a shot at getting some H&K mags. But if they cost as much as most other H&K mags, I think I will just stick to the US GI versions that will be selling for about $10 each.
But I must say I do like the looks of that follower.

-Charging Handle
View Quote

I will also pick up a few next year after the ban sunsets, but will stick w/ USGI for < half the price.  There was a group buy a little while back for LEOs. I think the going price for these was around $35 each.  

FB
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

For personal use, no, for on the job, yes, but you have to have the right paperwork.

For $35 dollars I'd buy a couple, if for no other reason than to have. After the sunset of course.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 1:49:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Those are some nice looking magazines. If they function as good as they look then I'll pick up a few after the ban sunsets. If it doesn't sunset then I'll keep enjoying my USGI mags.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Those are some nice looking magazines. If they function as good as they look then I'll pick up a few after the ban sunsets. If it doesn't sunset then I'll keep enjoying my USGI mags.
View Quote

That seems to be a concensus, and I, purebred magwhore will do the same.

Hell, I even picked up a post ban Bushy 10 rd AR mag today at the funshow (friend+free+ I didnt have one)
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:19:38 AM EDT
[#10]
They are tough as nails and built like a tank and as utterly reliable as a magazine can get.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top