Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 12:08:21 AM EDT
Don't know if this has been asked. A search did not reveal an answer.

Does anyone manufacture post-ban 10 round magazines that are not steel?

Looking to use these in NJ in a Beowulf. Anything above 15 rounds is illegal here.

The 10 rounders for the AR obviously hold 10 of the 223, but will hold 7 of the 50 Beowulf. They slide past the notches. Besides, the 20 round mags still hold 7, while the 30 rounders hold 10. Only a 3 round increase.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:43:42 AM EDT
Bushmaster has 10 rounders that are aluminum. DPMS has ten rounders that are polymer. Colt 10 rounders are aluminum, I think. Not sure, they have plastic bases, though.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:50:12 AM EDT
I foresee a problem by looking at the pictures of the Bushmaster and DPMS magazines. The metal mag supplied with the Beowulf, and also with the Olympic Arm's mags, have deeper restricting channels in the sides that able the beowulf cartridges to slide to the bottom of the mag, therefore allowing the 7 rounds. The BM and DPMS appear to have limiters in the mag's bottom, which restricts the depth. This is not what I'm looking for. I'm only surmising this from the pictures of the mags and haven't personally tried them. Armalites look as though they would work. They advertise a 10 round aluminum magazine that looks as though it has the restricting side channels. Has anyone actual used different post-ban non-steel mags for the beowulf? Which works the best?
Top Top