Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/11/2003 4:12:25 PM EDT
I was wondering what the problem is with this mag. I just got it from impactguns its gray and has an "England" sticker on it. I tried to put it into my rifle and it just fell out so next I slapped it in and the damn thing wont feed. Is this some sort of recurring problem with these mags or can I fix it or do I need to send it back or what?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/11/2003 4:35:32 PM EDT by BallisticTip]
You may need to file, the mag slot a bit.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:55:43 PM EDT
Well I just got it today so do I need to send it back or are they all like this?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:01:35 PM EDT
I have heard the ones marked royal ordnance are garbage,I have steel brit mags but they are unmarked except for a #2 stamped on the bottom weld circle on the front of the mag,I have 12 they all work fine.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:06:04 PM EDT
recently traded for 2 England sticker SA80 mags(blank floorplate). They both function flawlessy, but one is slightly out of spec(wider) and won't drop free. I'm willing to buy few more.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:31:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/15/2003 10:32:44 PM EDT by AndrewB]
I like mine, but I did have to file their mag catch holes before they would function in my AR-180B. (The carrier was slamming into the back of the feedlips and gouging them before.) I've measured the distance between the top of the mag catch hole and the top of the left feedlips on my sample of five mags, and have found they they are all out of spec by 1mm (give or take a few tenths of 1mm). After measuring my thermolds and USGI mags, I found that the length between the top of the feedlips and the top of the mag catch hole should measure 28mm. The british mags seem to have had the mag catch hole cut almost exactly 1mm too low in the side of the mag body. Filing the top of the mag catch so as to make them seat at the proper height will make them function. However, the problem I've run into is that the over insertion tab is too low. This will allow the magazine to be pushed up to the point that my AR-180B's carrier will once again slam into the back of the mag's feedlips. I'm thinking about using something to build up the over insertion tabs to fix this. Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking about possibly trying one of those hard-drying putties like JB Weld...
Top Top