Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/8/2003 11:41:22 AM EDT
I have considered buying a few extra mag bodies just in case mine fail (California resident, I can't buy new complete mags). Is there currently a dealer offering replacement bodies?

THanks,
--Dan
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 11:42:54 AM EDT
Nevermind, I just looked at page 2 of this forum and found them! Thanks, --Dan
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:44:07 PM EDT
In case you didn't know... If you have other spare components sufficient to assemble a magazine, the law will look at the collection of parts as an illegal post ban high cap even if they are not assembled.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:25:38 PM EDT
I have often had my house searched for components to assemble banned items. [whacko] They once found a wire coat hanger that could double as a magazine spring.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:43:00 PM EDT
I've never had my house searched either. Do what you want, there is no harm in knowing the law.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:13:42 PM EDT
i'm sure i'm not quoting this exactly, but the law reads something like 'you can't have more mags than you started with' ok so how many mags did you start with? WAIT!!!! don't answer that. instead, answer this. WHO knows how many mags you started with? nuff said
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:40:53 PM EDT
Where can I find the law to read? Whose law is it? Thanks, --Dan
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:15:40 PM EDT
It's Federal law. An excerpt from the BATF Questions and Answers (link below):
(O4) How does the law define the term "large capacity ammunition feeding device?" The term "large capacity ammunition feeding device" is defined as a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device manufactured after September 13, 1994, that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. Large capacity ammunition feeding devices in knockdown (disassembled) condition consisting of all parts needed to assemble a complete large capacity ammunition feeding device are subject to regulation if the parts are segregated or packaged together and held by a person as the parts for the assembly of a particular device. {18 U.S.C. 921(a)(31)}
View Quote
[url]http://atf.treas.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/qa.pdf[/url] The pooh-poohers above are correct. The odds of getting caught and convicted are small. But the stakes are your right to own firearms. Do what you want.
Top Top