Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/27/2003 4:06:13 PM EDT
I ordered 13 mags from them off their webb sight. Nothing was stated in the add about not being in stock. After one week I called and was told they had not received them and it would be two weeks. Now, two weeks later I call and I am told four weeks. Has any one ordered from these guys????
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
There was a thread earlier this year that stated the EXACT same situation.

It got ugly, so say the least. Looks like your situation is the same.

Anyone else remember that thread?

Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered 10 NIW Brit Steel mags from them for $150 shipped.  Two of the mags were out of spec, so I sent them back for replacement.  The two replacements sent had green followers.  The mags run 100% and customer service was great.

Have you actually paid them yet?  If not, then cancel order if it bothers you.  If so, switch the payment for the British steel mags.

Sorry to hear about your predicament.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Too late to do much about it now (except to cancel or change your order), but there have been a number of threads regarding RGun's and their 'problem' with out of stock items, failure to notify, and repeated 'we'll have them in 4 weeks" responses to inquiries. If you do a search on RGUN's you should find a number of posts regarding these specific issues, along with a number of rather 'short tempered' or 'rude' (depending on your sensitivity) postings.

You also probably aren't aware that you've just opened a can of worms. Let the fun begin!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I just did a search...boy did I just step in it. However I still need some mags, Any suggestions?? Who have you done business with recently that had reasonable prices and prompt delievery?? Thanks guys...I wish I would have done the search before I ordered.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I've used the Equipment Exchange for most of my stuff without a problem. Less chance of going wrong there, but make sure you check the feedback posting before you buy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#6]
from what I hear, Computerguy has pretty good deals on Mags  and is a rightious dealer.  Careful though, he's a little accident prone - the mere act of answering e-mail's has been know to cause his karma to kick in and land him in the local Emergency room.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I have posted this before, on a different thread, but  give the fine folks at AR15HQ a try I bought both refinished and some range mags from them   they have a add in Gunbroker.com  or you can email them at   [email protected]    they had the refinished ones for 5 for $100.00     and the others were slighty less   give them a try  you wont be dissapointed, also on the EE board     I have bought a few from "likeMopar" he had some really good deals  last month [:D]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh, oh!

Rguns again!

IBTL
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#9]
yes we have had some difficulty filling the COLT mag orders due to my supply issues. we do not charge unless we ship them. we have ben shipping some orders as of late. while some will still bash us for this. we have a lot of time to get this product into the CONUS. due to interference from you know who. this will soon be all history. and all back order will be filled. sorry for the long delay. R GUNS OUT
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:13:33 AM EDT
[#10]
lol..long delays..this shit has been goin on for YEARS..god forbid ya call and try to ask a simple answer..lol.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#11]
O.K. I believe in being fair. I'm in sales and know how things can get. I'll keep the order open and see how it goes. You offer a great price and if the mags are good it will be worth the wait. I was just in Impact Guns and bought a new Colt M 4. I'm new to AR15s so needed a magazine. I bought one refurbished DPMS 30 round mag for twice what you are qouting. I'll post the results of my order with Rguns back on this tread. I'll keep it bumped so it stays around. 6/28/03
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nothing was stated in the add about not being in stock.
View Quote

Did you ask if they were in stock??

All of the Major Dealers on this site are having problems keeping up with orders for high demand items. Many items are being backordered for extended times.

If this bothers you, cancel your order and go shop somewhere else. There are plenty of us willing to wait.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:49:16 AM EDT
[#13]
The bold top line at their web site is IN STOCK HOT ITEMS and under that it reads pre ban magazines. Do a search. Many buyers had orders open for so long that they forgot about them. Others waited months. If you consider that to be normal business pratices you are in the minority. It is one thing to be back ordered at times. I currently have back orders at SWFA and Cabela's. It is quite another thing to place adds and offer items on a webb site on an on going basis when the item is not in stock. The web site and adds are the retail store. Do you ask if steaks are in stock at a restraunt before you order? However, there are two sides to this and my posting above is simply saying I will leave the order open and see what happens. If they fill my order next week I'll post it for every one to see. If it drags on for months I'll keep bumping the post for everyone to see. I will also keep calling to check the status of the order and post what I am told. First I was told "two weeks" at the end of two weeks I called and was told "4 weeks". On July 24th I will call again and post what I'm told. I will also see if the items stay in their ad in SGN and on their web site. THIS IS A TEST!!! RGUNS HAS THE CHANCE TO SHOW GOOD FAITH OR BE EXPOSED AS BS ARTISTS......it is up to them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Give CMMG a try if you can't get anywhere with RGUNS. CMMG has always delivered exactly what he promises.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:08:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The bold top line at their web site is IN STOCK HOT ITEMS and under that it reads pre ban magazines.  
View Quote

They have plenty of pre ban magazines in stock. The Colt mags however, are being held up by Customs red tape.

Again, if you don't like the wait, cancel your order. I am sure you can find someone who will gladly sell you the same items for twice the price.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey XM777, Butt Out! I intend to see that they have a fair shot at doing what they said they would do! There are several threads that are very negative about this firm. There are a few positive ones. I want to see how they do. What do you care? What is your interest? If they deliever you will hear about it. If they don't you will hear about it. I'm not bashing them. As to the ad it implies that the "Hot items" are in stock. I would say that the best prices in SGN on mags is a hot item. If you don't like this thread find anouther thread. There are plenty of others who would like to know what I find.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#17]

If you don't want to hear the answer then don't ask the question.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Did you ask if they were in stock??

All of the Major Dealers on this site are having problems keeping up with orders for high demand items.
View Quote

357SIG - You'll have to excuse XM777, he is one of a few who always pop up on these threads to defend RGUNS.

All of the [b]HONEST[/b] dealers on this site only advertise what they actually have in stock and ready to sell.  There are plenty of people in the Equipment Exchange who sell mags at similar prices and you won't be lied to insulted, abused, etc.

ComputerGuy, LikeMopar, 79TransAm are all people that I have bought from and been very satisfied. If you need more info, IM or email me and I'll hook you up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Oh yeah, IBTL!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There are plenty of people in the Equipment Exchange who sell mags at similar prices and you won't be lied to insulted, abused, etc.
View Quote

Mind showing me who else is selling LN Colt 30's @ $15/ea?

Since RGUNs is out right now, I'll be glad to purchase from your dealer.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Here's what I know about people on EE.

79TRANSAM has 100% good reviews

HiramRanger has some orlites, I'd trust him except as a Mod.  [:D]

Most others on EE I haven't seen, but that mean nothing Because I haven't looked in EE for a while.

TS
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Gentlemen and XM777:

When I got home from work today I had a package from RGUNS. The ten 30 round and three 20 round mags are in my hands and they have Colt floor plates. They are used but in better condition than I expected. I have not called them in over a week and to the best of my knowledge they have no idea who I am. The order took longer than I expected it to...I believe about five weeks. I checked my credit card and they did not charge me until just days ago. They must have received the shipment that was held up. I was ready to bump this thread for the next two years just to keep the report updated. Now I can take the notes off my calender. Fair is fair and I told you I would post how it turned out. No back orders...it shipped complete...quality was better than expected and charges were correct. From now on I'll simply check stock before I commit on the order. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm glad it worked out for you.

TS
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top