Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/25/2003 2:10:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/25/2003 2:14:16 PM EDT by jrollins]
I picked up a pair of 30rd magazines today at a local gun shop. I got the two best looking ones there for $30/ea. I figured it wasn't a bad price since otherwise I'd pay $20-30/ea + shipping online. Both have Adventureline floor plates, and from the description in one of the mag faqs I think the body is too(something about gold-colored anodizing?). I'm not sure what the other is. It looks like they were both painted over(poorly), as I got some black flakes coming off when I put them in the rifle scraping through the finish. Both had green followers. The odd body has a marking on the side that says "33710 5-91", the other body has no markings at all. There also seems to be a difference in the welds, the marked body welds look more oval while the Adventureline has round welds.

http://home.teleport.com/~kd7bcy/armag.jpg

Looks like they'll both work fine, and the cheap finishing job is just a minor annoyance, but I'm kinda curious as to what I ended up with.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:23:08 PM EDT
FWIW - I think you can do better than that on the equipment exchange. Good looking USGI mags can usually be had for just under $20, and even with shipping it'll be less than $30. There's also been a bunch of the SA-80 steel mags going for about $15 each. Look around and you will find a deal....
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 11:03:11 AM EDT
Top Top