Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/12/2003 4:48:09 AM EDT
I have a British mag with a cracked follower. I tried prying the floorplate off but was using way too much force to feel comfortable. Is there a certain technique that is used? Do I lift, then pull out? Do I need to pry the tabs up slightly?

Do I even need to replace all the followers on these mags? Do the black ones work fine?

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Man....this things are a bugger to get off! I guess I keep thinking they are aluminum and not steel. When I reall applied force it slid off.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 5:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I take a small slotted screwdriver and insert it between the floorplate end tab and the mag body, and lever the floorplate up and off slightly to spring the floorplate dimples out of the way of the mag body.  Then I take a small pair of duckbill (wide flat blade, like a wide needlenose) pliers and grab the floorplate end tab and pull it off.  To reinstall, I start the floorplate on and push the end tab against a short block of softwood 2x4 to seat it home.

Noah
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:32:27 AM EDT
[#4]
HI,

I thought I was the only one who had trouble with these mags,but I did manage to get the followers off and replaced  them with the green. Thanks,Kev
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top