Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/9/2003 8:46:25 AM EDT
How do you guys store your magazines...I have lots and lots of AR and AK mags laying around loose and also in the boxes they were shipped in. Is it best to store them in ammo cans wrapped in those sheets to prevent rust? ...or some sort of plastic bags like the colt ar15 mags come in?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
One should ALWAYS keep the original box/wrapper the mags came in. This will enhance their value in later years. Store them separately if you want to. I keep mine in a 50cal can with some dissicate.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:09:31 PM EDT
[#2]
loaded
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Aluminum doesn't rust. (I think)
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:55:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Like this, G!

[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=154638&w=searchPop]Link![/url]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#5]
markm,

The NODS cans are SWEET!
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:14:21 AM EDT
[#6]
All metals have some type of oxidation, and it's not the mag body you have to worry about.  The steel spring inside on the other hand...
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:21:33 AM EDT
[#7]
They're magazines, not French pastry. Toss 'em on a shelf. Your grandkid's grandkids will be able to use them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:29:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a couple hundred 4 mil thick Ziplock bags from [url=shop.store.yahoo.com/theearthtoys/4milclearpla.html]this site[/url]. The 4x6 size will fit 20 rnd AR mags and the 4x8 will fit 30 rnd AR mags.

I just seal each mag in it's own bag than I put them all in a cardboard box which reminds me I really need to replace that cardboard box [:)]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top