Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/1/2003 4:41:41 PM EDT
for quick reload. What method do you guys prefer? Tape? Fobus mag clamps? Side by side? Staggered? One up, one down? Got some pics?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:23:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/1/2003 7:35:05 PM EDT by Dan0341]
I wanted to see if I liked the idea of attaching two mags. I had some para-cord and decided to try it. It works extremely well. I didn't do this for rapid mag changes. I did this for convenience when I carry them. It works so well that I don't plan on buying the mag cinch. Dan [img]http://home.ix.netcom.com/~brownhen/_uimages/m16withcinchedmags4.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:59:06 AM EDT
Dan, whatcha got twixt them mags to keep'em from floppin' about? I've got a couple of the Fobus units they are light and bind the mags together securely.Only time will tell how durable they are but they are quite sturdy as new.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 4:21:45 AM EDT
bgenlvtex, I have a piece of wood between the mags. In addition, I cut a groove into the wood, on both sides, that fits nicely over the over insertion ridge on the Orlites. I then wrapped the wood with a piece of non skid shelf liner (from Lowes). The paracord makes it extremely tight and there is no movement. It's not permanent and only takes about a minute to unwrap. Dan
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:50:25 PM EDT
I did a similar thing, cut a wood spacer, but faced it with some cork sheet. I strapped them together with some big Ty-wraps. Do not strap them one up / one down. You will bump the bottom mag and possibly bend the feedlips, or get dirt in it. Both up.
Top Top