Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/22/2003 6:46:02 AM EDT
I think I am on my way to becoming a mag-whore.
It started with my 1st 30 round magazine.  
When I bought my first AR, it came with the two standard small capacity magazines.
I couldn't wait to "upgrade" to some high capacity mags.
When I put that first 30 round mag in the rifle, I started shaking and I knew I had to have more.
Now, I am up to 35 thirty rounders and 4 twenty rounders.
But I need more!
I got eight NIW pre-ban Parson's yesterday from a friend.  The problem is I don't even want to take them out of their wrappers.
I sat at the kitchen table last night just admiring them.
My wife is sure I have some deep-seated psychological problem.
Now, I feel the need to get some mags just for "range use".  Hell, I use all of my mags for range use already, but I want some just so I can say they are only to use at the range!
I figure the NIW Parson's will form the basis for my SHTF gear--which I will probably never need--but I have to have SHTF mags regardless!
I know I need help.
I have the feeling this sickness can only get worse.
My next magic number for mags is 50.  But once I hit 50, I know I will need 75, then 100, and so on.
O.K., I have to know--how many mags is enough-- or can you ever have enough?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:03:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I have like 16......it's not enough.

My goal is to be able to have an entire case of Lake City loaded in 30 rounders.

Now here is where my mental problems come in. I have a deep seeded prejudice against any other than Sanchez mags, and they have to have green followers. It's sad cuz that's the only mag I've ever used. I know all USGI mags are basically the same, but I can't bring myself to buy anything other than Sanchez.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:13:13 AM EDT
[#2]
WAY to many is almost enough.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:17:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How many pairs of bare breasts would you like to see in one lifetime?  Therein lies the answer.  [^]
View Quote

Good call.

[:D]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#5]
There is no such thing as enough mags.

Enough mags is an oxymoron
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Like sex, there ain't no such thing as enough.

There may be all you can afford, or all you can find, or all your significant other will let you have, but there ain't no such thing as enough.....
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I could see how going out and buying 50 or 100 hammers and not being able to stop would be a problem.  Hammers will likely be legal for the foreseeable future.  But I see no problem in buying/obtaining as many mags as possible since, for the time being (AWB), no newly manufactured 20 or 30 round mags are going to enter the market, and they are going to get more expensive.  I have a little less than fifty, but will keep adding as long as I can.  Those who stocked up before the ban are probably glad they did.

-------------
My wife is sure I have some deep-seated psychological problem.
-------------

As someone else on this board put it, they usually direct their wife's attention to the closet full of shoes and that usually puts the issue to rest.  (And you have how many pairs of feet?)  
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I currently own 2 ar15's

I counted up my mags and I can account for 30(thirty)  30rd preban military mags and 4 20 rd mags.

And you can only have not enough mags.
You can never have TOO MANY mags, IMHO.

CHARLES
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My goal is to be able to have an entire case of Lake City loaded in 30 rounders.
View Quote

My God man, have you gone mad? [:D]
By my calculations (1000 rounds in a case / 30 rounds per mag), that is only 33-1/3 mags.  I don't know what 'enough mags' is, but I'm certain that 33 ain't even close to enough! [}:D]

I have almost that many 'Range' mags. I plan to keep buying as many mags as I can afford until the democRATS outlaw them and the JBT's [(:)] come after me.

[USA]
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 9:19:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I own 4 AR's and have 15 new never been used mags per rifle. and then I have 10 used mags for the range. The new ones are the British mag ammo man had. Also in the supply system are 10 GI NIW all 30 rds
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 4 AR's and 50 magazines myself and when I go to the range or my favorite pit I load up 25 magazines, I find that this is not enuff, so my advice to you is keep looking for the good deals on magazines. I just picked up a dozen 30 rounders from a grunt who just got out of the Army for $50.00, all of them were FN's one hell of a deal I thought
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How many pairs of bare breasts would you like to see in one lifetime?  Therein lies the answer.  [^]
View Quote

Male or Female Breasts?

And then there the age of the Subject(s) in question.  16 years and under and you have problems, dude!
Make mine female, ages 18 through mid to late 30's.  While I've seen 40+, the range I've listed seem to be the best I've ever seen.

As for the amount, when I get to 10,000 pair I'll let you know if I've seen enough.

Magazines; How many can your car hold at once?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:38:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

As for the amount, when I get to 10,000 pair I'll let you know if I've seen enough.

Magazines; How many can your car hold at once?
View Quote

How many breasts can you hold at once?  [naughty]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#15]
In my early days on the internet I found probably 15,000 pairs of bare breasts. I only have 10 30rd mags. Anyone want to trade? Please help an impoverished AR owner >;0).
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:24:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh god! Words of wisdom! [:D]

MN
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#17]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11231[/img]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#18]
I have the solution to your problem.  Set a goal and then keep buying mags after you reach it.  You can then give the extra mags to me and everyone will be happy.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I always keep one mag out of a batch NIW. Just to look at the beauty of it. BTW I have 18 30 rounders and two 10 rounders. I only started on AR-15s about a month ago though.

Now if you wann talk about M14 mags, I have 10 20rnd and 20 10rnd ones.

How many pairs of bare breasts would you like to see in one lifetime? Therein lies the answer.
View Quote

Very accurate analogy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#20]
[img]http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/20320/p/334770_1090941559938008954_vl.jpg[/img]
These are damn hard to get in Finland nowadays but I´m happy with this collection..

MN
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#21]
There are several "good" answers to that question, but I suspect you are really looking for encouragement to become that "mag whore" that you talked about.  We all know who we are. Here is my nickles worth anyway....

If you have one AR15 you should have at least 6 mags for it.  If you suspect it likely that you will buy more AR15's in the future, then get mags for them now while they are available.

If you think about it, $25 or $30 for a good magazine really is not too bad a deal as they will last a good long time if you take care of them.

And 20 years from now they may well be going for $100 each.  If you have a good supply of magazines you might be able to sell off 10 of them for something else you need (and still have an adequate supply).

So, stock up!  If the Assault Weapon Ban is not replaced and new 20 and 30 rounders are available again to us civilians, they will be probably $20 each I would guess.  And if a tougher law is put in place they will continue to go up in value a few dollars every year.

And have a case of good ammo (1000 rounds) ready too!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:37:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

My God man, have you gone mad? [:D]
By my calculations (1000 rounds in a case / 30 rounds per mag), that is only 33-1/3 mags.  I don't know what 'enough mags' is, but I'm certain that 33 ain't even close to enough! [}:D]

I have almost that many 'Range' mags. I plan to keep buying as many mags as I can afford until the democRATS outlaw them and the JBT's [(:)] come after me.

[USA]
View Quote

Slash, that's my goal NOW. I'm sure when I get there I'll want more, I'll probably have more than 1 AR by then too. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:22:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I figure the NIW Parson's will form the basis for my SHTF gear--which I will probably never need--but I have to have SHTF mags regardless!
View Quote

FWIW, I wouldn't stake my life on any mag I haven't put some rounds through. I used a NIW Center 30 rnd this weekend and I have some FTFs that appear to have been caused by the new green followers I put in. When I get around to it, I'll work all the followers with a ruler to make sure the followers are smoothed out.  

I can't see keeping a mag NIW unless you intend to never ever use it.
View Quote

Good call.

I broke all of them out this past weekend, put green followers in them, filled 'em up with ammo, emptied them at my favorite shootin' range, and repeated the process.

BTW, all functioned and fed perfectly with the new followers.  Still, I'm glad I used them.  At least I know they will work if I need them!

But, on the other hand, they sure looked awful pretty in those shiny plastic wrappers!!!

Damn, I have to have more!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#24]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
How many pairs of bare breasts would you like to see in one lifetime? Therein lies the answer.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would that be 10, 20, 30, or 40 rounders?
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:24:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I have 25 USGI mags for my 1 AR, 12 Sanchez, 3 20 round colt, 7 Parsons, 3 LaBelles.

I will pick up some more when I find a good deal.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:40:55 AM EDT
[#26]
i own 15 usgi 30 round mags w/ green followers and 2 orelite mags. some of the usgi mags are brand new and some are quite far from it. However, all have been rebuilt with bushmasters mag rebuild kits and work flawlessly.( i mean who cares what it looks like rt?) i plan on having at least 20 magazines total and I feel that this will be way more than enough. lately, i have been buying reloading supplies and powder incase the bastard democrats try and outlaw ammunition or certian calibers. that's my real concern.having magazines, and a lot of em, is allways a good thing, but it doesnt count for dick if u dont have enoough ammo and it doesnt take long to reload a magazine. (last time i was at the range it only took 2 seconds to load one with a stripper clip.)
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Ten 30s for me so far but I own only one AR.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#28]
You think it's bad now, wait until you have over 200.

Of course, That's small potatoes. I can't even imagine how bad some people here have "the itch." I've read of members with 500+ mags. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#29]
like I said:

Enough is as meny as you can carry on you in mag pouches, and a backpack full of spairs. You will still need some range mags. [smoke]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't stop until the government is calling you night and day to sell them some of your mags for the military. But be sure to say no.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:06:01 AM EDT
[#31]
I have about 4 dozen NIW USGI 30 rounders socked away in the safe. I regularly use about half a dozen as shooters. And I keep another dozen NIW in my "oh shit kit".

I also have 3 boxes of 7 20 round Adventure lines in the safe and about 3 20 round shooters.

I usually have at least 6 mags for each gun - rifle or pistol I own.  With my SR-25 I have about a doz & half. Remember, without a mag you have a single shot. Or worse, a club.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:27:40 AM EDT
[#32]
for 4 AR's and 2 M4's.....I have 40 NIW USGI 30 rd mags...14 NIW DPMS teflon 30rd'ers....5 boxes of 7 new adventureline and colt 20rd'ers....Then for 4 M14/M1A'S ...I have 60 new sealed USGI 20rd'ers.....a dozen various USGI range mags,for each.

LOCK N LOAD
(Longhunter)
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Currently I have 10 twenty rounders and 14 ten rounders.  If I had my way,  I would own at least 50 thirtys, 50 twentys and I guess the same number of tens.  
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top