Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 4:57:08 AM EDT
Okay...here's the deal. I have 12 30 rd mags, and 4 pouches to put them in. I also have 16 20 rounders....but have no idea if there are 20 round magazine pouches.

Where do you all keep your 20 rounders?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#1]
The 20 rounders were originally carried in the OD canvas single mag pouch for the M14, and the canvas multiple mag M14 pouch.

When the nylon ALICE-1 LBE came out, the 20s were carried in a nylon 4-mag pouch that had an inner pull-up lifting strap for the left-most mag as you face the pouch.  The four-mag pouch also had web loops on the sides into which the spoon handles of grenades would be inserted, and a small snap-closed strap would hold them secure.  They fastened to the standard ALICE belt with ALICE keepers, and an adjustable-length strap fastened to a D-ring on the front of the ALICE suspenders.  The pouch looked similar to the later GI 3-mag nylon pouch for the 30 rd mags, only not as tall and not having the "looped" grenade "pockets" on the sides that the 3x30 pouches do.

These 4-mag ALICE pouches are nowadays tough to find, and most that I see are really worn, some with broken closures.  You might try some of the surplus web sites, surplus ads in SGN, or stores in your area, or shows.  Prices for these are high, too, due to scarcity.  I still have two of of the 4-mag pouches that I bought with my own money when I was still in, and I use them today for my range mag 20s.

I'll post a pic tonight.

Noah
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks...what I might do is stuff the bottom of some 3x30 rounder to compensate for the length difference.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 1:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You might contact this guy, Chuck Rupe at [email protected] he might be able to help you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 2:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Stoney Point,

Go to [url=http://www.mooremilitaria.com/prod01.htm]Moore Militaria[/url], and scroll down about midway.  You're looking for the M-67 20 round pouches.

-Zmeja

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd be more than happy ot help out a fellow cheesehead...

I've got a few spares at home. Right now im TDY in mississippi, but i get back around the end of MAy. I'll see if i can find them when i get home and i'll shoot you a message.

Link Posted: 5/7/2003 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Give EBay a look; I picked two mint never issued pouches for $4 each. I even got a set of  H suspenders included for free. Keep your eyes open.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Some photos of one of several mag pouches I found a while back on eBay - average price was $10.00 each:

[img]http://home.attbi.com/~gnanagas/AR_20-rd_mag_pouch_01.jpg[/img]

[img]http://home.attbi.com/~gnanagas/AR_20-rd_mag_pouch_02.jpg[/img]

[img]http://home.attbi.com/~gnanagas/AR_20-rd_mag_pouch_03.jpg[/img]

As "noah" described, the grenade loops are on the sides, and the strap on top with the snap hook attaches to the front of the suspenders.

The lifting strap in the open pouch photo goes under the four 20-rd mags.

HTH.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#8]
The Air Force issued in the mid '60s a green "rubberized" nylon side by side mag pouch which held two 20rd AR15 mags.  I also have a couple of British SAS mag pouches that held four (2x2 side by side) 20rd AR15 mags that are excellent.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'd be more than happy ot help out a fellow cheesehead...

I've got a few spares at home. Right now im TDY in mississippi, but i get back around the end of MAy. I'll see if i can find them when i get home and i'll shoot you a message.

View Quote

My buddy is going down for his AT in Biloxi next week. He is a CBEE.

Let me know when you get back...we'll talk.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#10]
ahh......good old Biloxi..... the black eye of the south. He's prolly right by me. I'm at Keesler AFB. We have a ids floating around here. There's also a big navy station in Gulfport.... not too far from here.

I'll get a hold of you when i get back. I know i have a few pouches floating around, and they look identical to the ones shown above in the pic.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Gulfport...that's where he is headed. He's gonna learn how to build sheds, shelters, schools and crap like that. All the good things they teach you in CBEE school.

Thing is, he's down there for two weeks, and his wife will be joining him for four days.
He said the day she leaves, he's heading over to N'awlins for some photo ops!

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:23:51 PM EDT
[#12]
New Orleans is a blast. He had jsut make sure that if he meets any women there, he makes sure they are women [;)]

There's alot of.....impersonators....down there.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top