Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/3/2003 10:01:43 AM EDT
After reading the mag FAQ I see that the last year the 20 rounders were produced was in 1971. Were any of these refurbished before they went out to the surplus market? I like them as I've never had any failures with them. I picked up 8 for $100 this morning at the Abq. gun show. They were all 85% or better with the usual gold showing on the points of contact from the magwell. For a piece of gear they seem to be strong as ever after 30+ years. Time to load them up with some IMG, put them in the bandoleers, and take them out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 6:12:26 AM EDT
Sounds like you got a great deal. I love my 20rd mags. I actually have some 30rd mags....somewhere.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:08:26 AM EDT
Any [i]refurbished or refinished[/i] USGI magazines would have that done after they were surplused from military service. The Army doesn't care what they look like as long as they function. There are no [i]spare parts[/i] for magazines, they're expendable. The Army does not retrofit green followers. I avoid refurbished or refinished USGI magazines almost totally. You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig underneath. As an exception to this I've been using a Georgia Precision (dot com) refinished USGI 20 round magazine for well over a year of shooting just to test it. Works perfectly. I keep it in my range bag just to torture it. -- Chuck
Top Top