Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/12/2002 12:50:59 PM EDT
Just purchased a "new" magazine from a local gun shop and I'm not exactly sure what I got. It is a 30 round steel magazine with an England sticker on the side. According to Troy's Mag FAQ it is a Sterling; however,the floor plate is blank and Troy indicated that it should be marked Sterling. Any ideas? The follower is bluish-green. It appears to be well made and is not one of the USA crap magazines. The price was $25. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 4:30:45 PM EDT
SA80 mag. They've been flooding the market since England decided to scrap the POS SA80 rifle. By all reports they are good magazines.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 4:33:27 PM EDT
Yup, I've seen them in a couple places recently. same sticker, but no markings on the base plate.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 6:16:30 PM EDT
I picked up one from Midway USA for around $25. Nicely finished (though I don't know how durable that finish is). Mine has the proper green follower, and a plate reading "Royal Ordnance". Haven't had a chance to try it yet to see how it does. Definitely heavier than the aluminum mags. Anyone know how susceptible to rust these are?
Top Top