BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/11/2002 12:27:37 PM EDT
Will HK91 mags work in my CETME rifle?
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I had read that they are supposed to, Along with the G3 ones. On my copy of the Cetme (Century
) the G3 aluminum don't lock in, (nor do all my
CEtme mags!) so I would say it should but depends on how your rifle is finished. I think after a close look I need to file down the inside of the mag release hole in the reciever so it seats in all the way. otherwise they do fit in just not lock.

Edited to add my fix, the mag lock hole was Cut out of the stamped reciever a few moments with a file on the hole to square it up and everything was locking tight. Including the G3 aluminum mags..
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]
On my early Century CETME (Cast Stainless Receiver) the alloy G3 mags work as well as my steel CETME mags.

Link Posted: 12/11/2002 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I will give them a try.  I have about 28 CETME mags, but the sqaure HK mags will give the rifle a slightly different look.  My rifle is cast stainless receiver.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The HK mags 'should fit'. I say should fit because the Century recivers nearly all of them are built on are not always precisly made. The Mag wells have been known to be too long on more than a few occasions. The good news is that if you get them and they dont fit you can file off a little from the stops on the mag and that usualy fixes the problem. If you can get it to work TAPCO sells HK 91 20 rndrs for 3 bucks....you can't beat that with a stick!

Side note, There is a really good deticated CETME board on gunboards.com with some serious cetme gods. If is about cetmes these guys know it. They have done all of the mods too. Nice bunch.

JIM
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 1:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, I'll check out the site
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#6]
This is the sight:

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Headlines&BID=30&SID=96824

I post by the same handle over there so feel free to ask any questions you want.

Some of the big names over there are:

Dr. Zero- Sells a CD for 8 bucks with almost every relevant piece of cetme info you can think of. Every HK manual and Cetme manual trasnlated into english. Outstanding work.

Mdwg3- Dose allot of custom mods and big time 'smith work.

perro del diablo- opperates a great cetme website.

more cetme links-

http://www.geocities.com/miketheelectrician1/cetme1.html?1006652443870

http://cetme.homestead.com/mbr.html

I hope this helps ya!
JIM
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I have sold a lot of HK-91 mags to CETME owners with 0 complaints.

[url]www.oldgrouch.com[/url]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:30:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I have some mid-60s issue G-3s that did NOT work with my Cetme. I must admit that the condition of the mags weren't up to snuff, explaining periodic feed jams, but outside of this it is a tight cram to seat the mags in the 1st place. My advice is avoid G-3s unless they are in top condition, or better yet avoid them altogether.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top