Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/1/2002 5:56:09 AM EDT
I have found some 40rnd TripleK mags for sale and I am trying to find out if they are worth trying.  I recently purchased 4 40rnd Colt mags that would not insert in my Armalite and would not seat in a Bushmaster.  The mags cost under $20, and the company is offering a guarantee for function.

Thanks for any input.
Nik
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:20:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Im no mag expert but I didnt know Colt made 40 round mags. In fact, I didnt know Colt made any mags at all!

In any case, Triple K mags are junk. The only 40 round mags worth having at all are the Sterling 40 round mags, and they are quite scarce. If you do find them, they go for a MEGA premium price, say $100 per mag.

Short of that, it's usually best to stick with quality USGI 30 round mags.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info on the Triple K mags.  The other mags had Colt stamped on the floor plate and came from Bushmaster Firearms.

I compete in IPSC 3Gun matches and have found stages were an extra 10 rounds would make a difference, but not sure a $100+ mag would be a worth while investment.

Also, just checked out your FDCC website.  Sounds interesting, might see if I can make it out to one of you shoots sometime soon.

Thanks again.
Nik.
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#3]
The other 40rd mags that are reliable are the PMI and Federal Ordinance brands.  The finish on these mags are blued compared to the parkerized Sterling mags.  That guarantee is worthless, they will replace a nonfunctioning mag with another useless mag.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top