Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/28/2002 8:04:27 PM EDT
When I bought my AR the guy that sold it to me gave me 10 30rnd mags they were still in plastic bags. Not know anything about mags I opened all of them. They all seemed to have the same wrapper but upon closer inspection 5 say Tapco and 5 say Parsons Precision Products. They look exactly the same except for the floor plate. I would have never thought anything about the Tapco's until I started reading this board. Know I don't know if I should keep them or try to get rid of them.
Link Posted: 11/28/2002 9:01:37 PM EDT
I can't say for sure,but all of the Tapco mags I have seen are teflon coated mags. Mabe Troy or Kevin can give you some more info. They may have sold mags with just their floorplates on USGI mags. I would be intersted in buying or tradeing for your Tapco mags if you want to get rid of them. Mark
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 10:58:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 5:38:23 PM EDT
Thanx for the info. So if they are the USGI I guess I'll hang on to them. Got to love this board.
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 6:40:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/29/2002 9:39:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Kevin: If they're USGI or Labelle Teflons you'll want to hold onto them. Do the mags appear to have the std. grey moly finish?
View Quote
Yes they do have a grey finish. They a just a shade lighter than the Winchester 64gr Supreme PPP.
Top Top