Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2002 8:49:03 PM EDT
Does anybody know if they will replace their metal 10rnd .45 mags?  I have 2 that have the welds on back broken, despite the fact that they are pretty well new, since i have 6 of them, and have only put around 300rnds through the USP.
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have any pics? Also, these are factory HK mags correct? I'm really surprised as I have 4 mags for mine and have had 8 factory mags at one time and none of them had any flaws and I have one I use for target only that I have put at least 1500 rds through with no problems.
I don't know if the mag is under warrantee, you might check your owners manual. If they are.... good luck, as HK doesn't like dealing with the general public as much as they do military and law enforcement.

-John
Link Posted: 9/15/2002 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any pictures, but i'm almost certain they are factory.  Thin metal, HK floorplate (plastic), dovetailed back w/ witness holes, says .45 pat pend right above floorplate on the side.

One has seperated down to about the #5 hole, and the other is down to #8.  They aren't obvious, but if you feel along the seam, they aren't lined up.  A closer look reveals the seam has seperated, on the really bad mag, it is enough for the round to point up much higher than they normally do when you put a loaded mag into the well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top