BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/4/2002 3:11:02 PM EDT
Advertisement states:

"U. S. Gov  AR15 30 RD

$30  

All Steel construction. US made. Used but in excellent condition.

$30  

New U.S. made 30 RD. All steel"

www.sksman.com/access/ar15%20mags.html
(top advertised product)

What gives?

Link Posted: 9/4/2002 3:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, USGI mags are aluminum.  Period.  The picture doesn't look like a USGI either.  Of course, they're using the same picture for the Western Metal magazines down below.  My advise would be to call them, and get the manufacturer.  If it isn't a USGI contract, forget it.  The prices are high anyway.

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
oh don't you LOVE when you see a picture of a USGI mag or another quality mag and you KNOW that's not what you're getting

example:  bushmaster has those crappy "USA" 40 rounders, the picture with the ad is, yes of a 40 rounder, but of a quality "sterling" 40 rounder, not the crap they are selling..
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 10:20:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, USGI mags are aluminum.  Period.  The picture doesn't look like a USGI either.
-Gloftoe

Yeah, I knew they weren't USGI.  I just got a kick out of someone trying to pass off steel mags as U.S. Government mags.

Link Posted: 9/4/2002 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#4]
They want only 25 for a thermold, but 30 for an orlite, and 30 for a USA mag..

Thermold is only decent one..what gives?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top