Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/28/2002 12:20:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2002 12:21:21 PM EDT by NYPatriot]
Anyone know who the primary contractor is for USGI green anti-tilt magazine followers (contact info)?

I ask, because I am trying to find out is the slight curve seen in the front legs of recent followers is a design change, or if it is a production flaw that might cause problems.

If I find out the answer, I will let everyone know.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 12:47:24 PM EDT
Well, I know DPMS makes them (or has the contracted out).

I do know for a fact that Colt had NYPRO Industries make theirs for them. I know that because those are the ones I was selling.

I tried to get Nypro to make me some followers, but I figure it would take a long time to get rid of a few million dollars in green followers, lol...
Link Posted: 8/28/2002 8:38:51 PM EDT
ComputerGuy, DPMS does indeed contract them out.

I spoke to them today by phone, and they told me that they were not aware of any changes to the follower design.
I was apparently the first person to inform them of the curved front leg seen on some followers.

I asked if they could provide me with contact info for the company that makes the followers, and they declined.

So the search goes on...
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 9:27:02 AM EDT
No one in the great AR15.com brain trust has an answer to this question?

Say it ain't so!
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 3:37:11 PM EDT
Yes, I did. Nypro Industries produced them for Colt.
Link Posted: 8/31/2002 4:18:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/31/2002 4:20:37 PM EDT by NYPatriot]
ComputerGuy, your answer implies that Nypro previously made them (as in past tense / not the current contractor), and that even then, they only produced them for Colt.

So my question still stands... who is the current primary contractor for USGI green anti-tilt magazine followers?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:14:42 AM EDT
Nypro may still produce them, and I dont know if it's only for Colt.
Top Top