User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 9:07:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2?

ETA:   Looking forward to cheap 300 blackout.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
aim surplus posted a pic of some in hand but said the wu tang flu has delayed it probably another month or two
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
aim surplus posted a pic of some in hand but said the wu tang flu has delayed it probably another month or two
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Any news?
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 8:14:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any news?
View Quote
Mid April but guessing it'll keep getting pushed back as long as Kung flu panic continues.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:13:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Mid April but guessing it'll keep getting pushed back as long as Kung flu panic continues.
View Quote
I wonder if it ever really got here?
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 10:36:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I wonder if it ever really got here?
View Quote
Im guessing no.
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Probably be July or August before we see it. My sbr is hungry.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#9]
So Ann-Margaret isn't coming? What are y'all using for plinking ammo right now?
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 7:03:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So Ann-Margaret isn't coming? What are y'all using for plinking ammo right now?
View Quote

Did some low round count plinking with hornady black 110 vmax and magtech subs i got before the ammo market went full retard. Now patiently waiting for steel case to buy in bulk. Who knows when that will be.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I want to believe.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 11:34:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I'm just going to work on getting cases and bullets and prep for reloading.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think I'm just going to work on getting cases and bullets and prep for reloading.
View Quote

That is the smart, and responsible route. I want stacks of 300blk, that make the steel go smack, that are light on my stack.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Still waiting... Wolf ammo is the primary reason I decided to build a .300 BLK.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I seen the thread bumped, and got excited
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 13starsinax:
I seen the thread bumped, and got excited
View Quote

Me too. $3.99 per 20 would be a dream right now.
They'll probably charge more now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#17]
What musket are they shooting it out of to get 1985 fps with a 145-grain bullet?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Treebush:

Me too. $3.99 per 20 would be a dream right now.
They'll probably charge more now.
View Quote

I noticed one site that raised their prices.  
https://www.trueshotgunclub.com/product/wolf-ammunition-300-aac-black-out-145-grain-fmj-wolf-polyformance-500-rounds

They upped it to $400 for 500 rounds.  F that noise.   (But they do accept backorders).
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By panthermark:

I noticed one site that raised their prices.  
https://www.trueshotgunclub.com/product/wolf-ammunition-300-aac-black-out-145-grain-fmj-wolf-polyformance-500-rounds

They upped it to $400 for 500 rounds.   F that noise.   (But they do accept backorders).
View Quote

.80c a round for steel case? They can go fcuk themselves.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#20]

I noticed one site that raised their prices.  

They upped it to $400 for 500 rounds.   F that noise.   (But they do accept backorders).
View Quote

I hope that's not really what they think it's going to get.thats insane.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Price gouge much.  This was the only thing that made me consider getting into the 300 game. If those are the prices then hell no!!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Not sure if anyone has been following the TargetSports updates.
Price is going up....which is to be expected with the ammo run.  Could as much as double.  With that said, here are the comments:

Question:Was there a batch that was released for sale today already and it got purchased already, or is Target Sports still waiting for an initial shipment? - Aaron (05/08/2020)
Response:We are still waiting for our first shipment, which is sitting at the port in NY/NJ right now and it will be released and shipped to us mid next week. That is the latest update we have.
View Quote

Question:When this is finally released how much per round do you anticipate this being? - Michael (05/10/2020)
Response:Its either $6.99 per box of 20 or $7.99 per box. We will see after we receive our invoice. Thank you
View Quote

$0.35 to $0.40 a round for steel?  I guess that is OK considering the ammo shortage.

Not great, not terrible
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Not sure if anyone has been following the TargetSports updates. 
Price is going up....which is to be expected with the ammo run.  Could as much as double.  With that said, here are the comments:

$0.35 to $0.40 a round for steel?  I guess that is OK considering the ammo shortage. 

Not great, not terrible
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Price is going up....which is to be expected with the ammo run.  Could as much as double.  With that said, here are the comments:

Question:Was there a batch that was released for sale today already and it got purchased already, or is Target Sports still waiting for an initial shipment? - Aaron (05/08/2020)
Response:We are still waiting for our first shipment, which is sitting at the port in NY/NJ right now and it will be released and shipped to us mid next week. That is the latest update we have.

Question:When this is finally released how much per round do you anticipate this being? - Michael (05/10/2020)
Response:Its either $6.99 per box of 20 or $7.99 per box. We will see after we receive our invoice. Thank you

$0.35 to $0.40 a round for steel?  I guess that is OK considering the ammo shortage. 

Not great, not terrible

Thanks for the update. That said, I'm not buying it until it goes down to atleast .25 a round.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Not great, not terrible
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Cheapest I'm finding anywhere else is $0.62ish for reloads or new in bulk; and $0.75-.80 for small quantities...So... maybe worth getting some?
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Site was updated today....$7.99 for 20 rounds.  $199.75 for 500 rounds with free shipping.

Judging from the comments, might be available this week.  

Really bummed about the price going from $0.20 a round to $0.40.   China Flu is asshoe.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#27]
I don't see myself paying 40 cents a round for steel JACKETED (barrel killing) 300 BLK.

Wolf dropped the ball.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 6:59:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By JohnSmith6073:
I don't see myself paying 40 cents a round for steel JACKETED (barrel killing) 300 BLK. 

Wolf dropped the ball.
View Quote

Its probably because of this bs that drove the prices of everything else up too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Buy cheap and stack deep during salad days so you can wait out these temporary increases. It may last awhile, especially this being an election year, but prices will come down again.

At the current prices reloading is probably a better option.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 8:50:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By KTM300XCW:
Buy cheap and stack deep during salad days so you can wait out these temporary increases. It may last awhile, especially this being an election year, but prices will come down again. 

At the current prices reloading is probably a better option.
View Quote

The point of this was cheap plinking for the 300blk at steel case pricing. You could not stack it deep as it was not available, and we were all waiting on the release after teasers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:11:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Site was updated today....$7.99 for 20 rounds.  $199.75 for 500 rounds with free shipping.

Judging from the comments, might be available this week.  

Really bummed about the price going from $0.20 a round to $0.40.   China Flu is asshoe.
View Quote

I mean I might still be interested if it was subsonic, but 147g supers? No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:17:40 PM EDT
[#32]
as long as it's FMJ steel case and not bimetal jackets.
Bimetal jackets cause excessive wear.
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 11:52:59 PM EDT
[#33]

The point of this was cheap plinking for the 300blk at steel case pricing. You could not stack it deep as it was not available, and we were all waiting on the release after teasers.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KTM300XCW:
Buy cheap and stack deep during salad days so you can wait out these temporary increases. It may last awhile, especially this being an election year, but prices will come down again. 

At the current prices reloading is probably a better option.

The point of this was cheap plinking for the 300blk at steel case pricing. You could not stack it deep as it was not available, and we were all waiting on the release after teasers.

Don't put the cart before the horse, unless he knows how to push it of course. Which is why I chose to stack components cheap and deep and not depend on teasers. I now have plenty to handload at per round prices cheaper than current steel case pricing. I'll have plenty to shoot now and when steel prices come down (assuming they offer a ~120 super or ~200 sub) I'll  stack it cheap and deep.

With regards to bimetal bullets, I have zero concerns regarding barrel wear. Bimetal bullets are much softer than barrel steel and with post COVID/election steel ammo costs, if i wear out a barrel my savings will easily pay for a couple replacement barrels. I have some 5.56 barrels that have seen more than 10k steel bullets that still outshoot me. And no broken extractors, stuck rounds, etc that everyone likes to complain about.

See you on the range.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Don't put the cart before the horse, unless he knows how to push it of course. Which is why I chose to stack components cheap and deep and not depend on teasers. I now have plenty to handload at per round prices cheaper than current steel case pricing. I'll have plenty to shoot now and when steel prices come down (assuming they offer a ~120 super or ~200 sub) I'll  stack it cheap and deep.

With regards to bimetal bullets, I have zero concerns regarding barrel wear. Bimetal bullets are much softer than barrel steel and with post COVID/election steel ammo costs, if i wear out a barrel my savings will easily pay for a couple replacement barrels. I have some 5.56 barrels that have seen more than 10k steel bullets that still outshoot me. And no broken extractors, stuck rounds, etc that everyone likes to complain about.

See you on the range.
View Quote
I don't reload and getting set up for reloading would have eaten up any savings I'd see in the purchase of components over the promised price of steel case. but I'm happy for you that you don't need the wolf ammo for cheap plinking. telling everyone it's their own fault for not buying (commercially unavailable ammo) cheap and stacking it deep makes you seem like a jerk though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:28:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
as long as it's FMJ steel case and not bimetal jackets.
Bimetal jackets cause excessive wear.
View Quote

Excessive how? Is this the lucky gunner influence again?

You will have paid for your barrel ten times over long before you wear one out. When and if you actually do put a new barrel in it. There is a reason you don’t see people actually wearing out barrels much.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Excessive how? Is this the lucky gunner influence again?

You will have paid for your barrel ten times over long before you wear one out. When and if you actually do put a new barrel in it. There is a reason you don’t see people actually wearing out barrels much.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Originally Posted By Pneumagger:
as long as it's FMJ steel case and not bimetal jackets. 
Bimetal jackets cause excessive wear.

Excessive how? Is this the lucky gunner influence again?

You will have paid for your barrel ten times over long before you wear one out. When and if you actually do put a new barrel in it. There is a reason you don’t see people actually wearing out barrels much.

I bought a new BA barrel on sale specifically to shoot this steel case/bimetal stuff.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#37]
ITS LIVE

GO GO GO GO GO
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:14:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Was about to post this.  Order already placed!
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:15:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Was about to post this.  Order already placed!
View Quote

I refreshed and it said 99 cases of 500

I took 2

Currently 54 left.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:21:01 PM EDT
[#40]
23 left
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:29:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd its gone!

Sold (an estimated) 50,000 rounds in 17 mins.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd its gone!

Sold (an estimated) 50,000 rounds in 17 mins. 
View Quote

Damn!  Glad I happened to be checking the site and noticed the "10 minutes" comments.

I didn't get an email notification.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:37:56 PM EDT
[#43]

Damn!  Glad I happened to be checking the site and noticed the "10 minutes" comments. 

I didn't get an email notification.
View Quote

Notifications go out to Prime members first.

I am one, but didn't get notified, was lucky enough to see the "10 minutes" comments as well.

Sounds like more is on the way though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#44]
How much was it? I'll hold my pennies until its less than $0.25cpr
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By billth777:
How much was it? I'll hold my pennies until its less than $0.25cpr
View Quote

$0.37/round with prime/ $0.40 no prime

Doubt it gets that low anytime soon with the high demand.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 4:44:54 PM EDT
[#46]
I'll hold my pennies until its less than $0.25cpr
View Quote

X2
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#47]
I bought 1000 rounds of brass cased 125gr 300blk ammo a few months ago for $0.35/round shipped. Obviously that price is gone these days anyway (goodbye salad days), but I have a hard time spending more for steel cased than what I'm currently shooting.

Fortunately (or not) I don't shoot 300blk enough for that to run out in the near future, so we'll see what pricing/availability looks like when I get there. If it was 0.25/rd right now I'd buy some just because. As it stands, I'll just wait to see.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#48]
How much was it? I'll hold my pennies until its less than $0.25cpr
View Quote

Same here.

I expect that to happen late Nov. early December, and I have enough on hand to hold out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#49]
My shipment came in today.  I can confirm the early reports about 5.56 pmags.  I didn't shoot it, but wanted to see if I could load a few mags up, and they seem fatter or something.  Will have to try some Lancer's or GI mags (or maybe 300 mags).
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My shipment came in today.  I can confirm the early reports about 5.56 pmags.  I didn't shoot it, but wanted to see if I could load a few mags up, and they seem fatter or something.  Will have to try some Lancer's or GI mags (or maybe 300 mags).
View Quote

Pmag 300 mags work well with brass cased stuff I've used.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top