BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:57:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I called Hornady yesterday asking when available. They said they are hoping to have it on the shelves in December but no promises. I asked about just the bullets for reloaders. Will be sold as complete ammo 1st. If sales are good, then they will release the bullets for reloaders. They also stated one of there employees went on a hog hunt this past weekend to test out. Performed as designed with allot of one shot kills. I have my order in at midway so I can get the 1st batch they get.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Right there with ya.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope this brings down the prices of Lehigh Defense 194gr load.
Right there with ya.
I had 3 boxes  (back order) in my midway cart, and the lehigh 194 went on sale and the Hornady I pulled from my cart.
I reload anyway...although its all in storage. Guess it's time to build a bench in my storage unit...

Its not loaded ammo, but cheaper than 3 boxes of the Hornady subs. (60 rds)

Still looking forward to trying them, but a box of lehigh will scratch my itch for now.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone know if the bullets will be sold by themselves.  I have a friend who loads 300 black out for me and these seem like they would be fun.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 6:48:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the bullets will be sold by themselves.  I have a friend who loads 300 black out for me and these seem like they would be fun.
https://i.imgur.com/rxFBowe.jpg
View Quote
I hope so...
Welcome to the site
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 11:02:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I hope so...
Welcome to the site
View Quote
Thanks.  I will have to ask him if he will load these for me if they do sell by themselves.  He loaded a bunch of the 75 grain 5.56 rounds for me when he bought them in a huge bulk order hornady is cool like that.  Other wise I suppose I can just buy the ammo and find out how it shoots and put some away I can't imagine it will be much more expensive than the 208s I have now.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the bullets will be sold by themselves.  
View Quote
Not at present time. Was told it will depend on sales of the commercial ammo sales.
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Sales depends on THEM.
If they can find a way to get them on shelfs and keep them there for .75 Rd, they will own the market.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:31:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Neither can .300 blackout if you intend on hitting anything.  This line of thought amuses me.  Poi is so much different as to be comical
View Quote
I take it you have never used the leupold 300BLK scope?
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neither can .300 blackout if you intend on hitting anything.  This line of thought amuses me.  Poi is so much different as to be comical
Or the TA-33 with BLK reticle.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Tag for interest.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
An optic with a reticle calibrated for the blackout easily fixes this.   I have one that seems to keep me on target with both supers and subs out to 150 yards or so.  I am probably doing something wrong, though
View Quote
Also, the ACOG TA-31C's have BDC for both subs and supers. I haven't been able to stretch it out yet to see how accurate it is with the Barnes 110's and Remington UMC 220 subs that I have, but I'll be reloading my own and will probably be able to tune the charge a little to make it as accurate as possible.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 2:50:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nope.  Went over that on page 1.  Don't have the coin to spare for the leupy, but the primary arms blackout specific scope is headed my way as we speak.  Seems to have pretty good reviews.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Any word on when this will be released?
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sure, when you're talking range and moa, but at HD distances it's no big deal.

I'd also bet, with a little practice, 100yrd hold over on the fly wouldn't be much of an issue either. Maybe not moa, but minute of torso.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure, when you're talking range and moa, but at HD distances it's no big deal.

I'd also bet, with a little practice, 100yrd hold over on the fly wouldn't be much of an issue either. Maybe not moa, but minute of torso.
I’ve made hits out to 250yds on 10”x12” steel plates with both supersonics (110gr TSX) and subsonics (220gr SMK and Rem FB) using a 9” .300 AR with an SWFA 1-6x milrad reticle. Just swapped the magazines and dialed in new elevation.

You just have to know your dope (9.1 milrads elevation from my 110gr zero for Rem 220gr) and be able to range correctly.  At 250yds, just the difference in ballistic coefficient between a flat base 220gr like the Remington and a boattail 220gr like the SMK is about 10” of extra drop - which can make you miss the target entirely.

So details matter; but you can certainly swap between a mag of supersonics and subsonics and make hits even at several hundred yards.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 7:59:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This new Hornady load might be my choice for HD in a suppressed SBR
View Quote
That would be all I would care about.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone actually bought and tested?
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:45:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I hope so...
Welcome to the site
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/rxFBowe.jpg
I hope so...
Welcome to the site
Nice 'SBR'
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Has anyone actually bought and tested?
View Quote
I still haven't seen them in stock anywhere yet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, not quite.  My controlled chaos 110 sit 1 inch higher than my 187 gemtech subs at 50.  Beyond that, 110 for the win to 300.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Well, not quite.  My controlled chaos 110 sit 1 inch higher than my 187 gemtech subs at 50.  Beyond that, 110 for the win to 300.
View Quote
At 50 yards in my 16 inch ballistic advantage barrel Remington 120gr OT-FB and the 220 OT-FB had nearly the same point of impact for me though the 220gr exhibited larger groups with some vertical stringing.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 8:32:21 AM EDT
[#22]
I didn't attend SHOT, but I contacted customer service last week and was told a month out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I didn't attend SHOT, but I contacted customer service last week and was told a month out.
View Quote
That's what we heard last month.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:07:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
My .300BLK is zeroed at 100y for 120gr Barnes TAC-TX.  I can swap mags to my 200gr S&B plinking subs and make consistent hits on 12" steel at 200y without changing zero (with the correct holdover).

It's not that difficult with a ballistic calculator and a little trial and error.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Is this it at Cabelas?
Got the email about it yesterday or 2 days ago

http://www.cabelas.com/product/HORNADY-SUBSONIC-RIFLE/2672034.uts?slotId=2

Hornady
Hornady® 300 Blackout Subsonic Rifle Ammunition

Lead core, gilding metal jacket hollow point with a Flex Tip insert

Reliable expansion at velocities as low as 900 fps

90% weight retention ensures exceptional penetration

Low-flash powder load
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Interesting
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Is this it at Cabelas?
Got the email about it yesterday or 2 days ago

http://www.cabelas.com/product/HORNADY-SUBSONIC-RIFLE/2672034.uts?slotId=2

Hornady
Hornady® 300 Blackout Subsonic Rifle Ammunition

Lead core, gilding metal jacket hollow point with a Flex Tip insert

Reliable expansion at velocities as low as 900 fps

90% weight retention ensures exceptional penetration

Low-flash powder load
View Quote
Out of stock.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Been checking every few days for this stuff. Nothing. I talked to Hornady last month and was told it will be released by SHOT. Guess they fell behind.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Has anyone seen this yet? guess its time to call Hornady to see what's up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2018 10:03:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Cabela's website (from the link above) is saying backorderable and ships in 2-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 8:44:53 AM EDT
[#31]
GT Distributors has the TAP version in stock but only sells to active LEO and military. LINK
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:22:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
GT Distributors has the TAP version in stock but only sells to active LEO and military. LINK
View Quote
WTF! Was actually thinking the government put the brakes on this ammo. Will be calling Hornady today to see what they have to say.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 12:36:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

WTF! Was actually thinking the government put the brakes on this ammo. Will be calling Hornady today to see what they have to say.
View Quote
Please post what they say!
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Just got off the phone with Hornady. Middle of March or sometime between now and then. Said they already have large orders for this ammo. I asked him about selling the bullets for reloaders. Said it won't happen for a couple of years. I did question him about that sight thats selling to law enforcement only. Said the public will get this ammo.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with Hornady. Middle of March or sometime between now and then. Said they already have large orders for this ammo. I asked him about selling the bullets for reloaders. Said it won't happen for a couple of years. I did question him about that sight thats selling to law enforcement only. Said the public will get this ammo.
View Quote
Nice, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Attachment Attached File

Two boxes enroute
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 10:58:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Just ordered 4 boxes and a box of Fiocchi 9mm sub-Sonics. Appreciate the heads up!
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 11:15:34 PM EDT
[#39]
My back order shipped today from Midway with a tracking number
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Wow, the guy I talked to from Hornady is full of crap! Been waiting on this and of cource my CC got hacked again so cant order crap until new one arrives.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just ordered 4 boxes and a box of Fiocchi 9mm sub-Sonics. Appreciate the heads up!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My shipping notice was waiting on me when I woke up this morning.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#42]
I just picked up 1,000.  Accuracy is good to go.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I just picked up 1,000.  Accuracy is good to go.
View Quote
Good to hear. My CC just came in so ordered 10 boxes. Now to see how they shoot out of my 10 inch AR. Wish my suppressor would come in. Would be set. Anyone who is shooting these suppressed, let us know how they shoot.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Just placed an order with Midway....using a 16" complete suppressed upper. Once in, I'll try to film video for sound
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 7:36:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Whoa...placed my order and now shows shipped. But out of stock for new orders.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 11:19:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My back order shipped today from Midway with a tracking number
View Quote
Mine did too.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 9:00:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Whoa...placed my order and now shows shipped. But out of stock for new orders.
View Quote
Wow, that went fast. Mine shipped yesterday. Glad I jumped when I did.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 2:27:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Orly?

It's gimmicky in my opinion, but Liberty makes some light bullet loads that will run up around 2000FPS.
Mag changes and you've got 158gr subs.
https://image.sportsmansguide.com/adimgs/l/6/609520_ts.jpg

10mm can easily hit 1800 with a 135gr bullet, and also run up to 230gr subs.
View Quote
maybe... but does liberty pistol loads meet FBI protocol like the hornady subs do? I doubt they would.

Personally I don't see the need to have a weapon the size of a rifle that fires a equally underpowered bullet as weapon as small as a pistol since both can be suppressed and are equally effective or ineffective... but its not like having a rifle caliber that provides the option of using less powerful subsonic ammo as well as more powerful high velocity ammo is a detriment to anything.

It just means that when using 300 blk subsonics, you have a big .45 acp shoulder fired handgun, and an AK with a mag change to supers.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Big brown running Saturday. Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top