Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2017 12:02:51 AM EDT
what am I doing wrong?  I can only fit 46 boxes = 920rds.

Even saw a youtube video of something doing it with Wolf Gold, but it doesn't fit that way.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:08:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, seen the video. Curious why anyone keeps them in the box.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I get 50. Here's some pics to (hopefully) help. The three horizontal and two vertical are all stacked 8 deep. The rest are shoved in on the side.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:21:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
For me. It's easier to organize. Know what I'm using or have left.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 1:12:36 AM EDT
[#4]
hmmm, I think I figured out why it wouldn't fit.

This is a "Blackhawk" can.  

I test fitted the bottom lay with an old mil .50 can.  It wasn't an easy fit, but much better than the new Blackhawk can.

I picked up a new Harbor Freight can too, so I tried that.  It was just as tight as the Blackhawk, but it's slightly taller than a mil .50 though.  Not by much.  Probably wont notice unless it's sitting right next to one.

Anyways, I was able to pack 50 into the HF can, but the boxes now have slightly crushed corners or edges.  Disappointed in that.

When I look at the length and width, they look exactly the same though.  So if it is off, we're talking about 1MM or so, except for the height on the HF.  It's probably about 1/4" on that.

Or maybe bc the mil .50 cans are used, they stretch out slightly making it easier to fit.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 9:56:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#6]
While not that ammo I load them on stripper clips. Easy to fit all 1krds in that way.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 12:05:35 AM EDT
[#7]
1000 rounds in 20 round boxes in a mil surplus ammo can. Keep in mind all ammo cans are not made the same. I have an old mil ammo can and new sporting goods store ammo can and the new one is slightly larger, thinner metal and not and well constructed.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 4:33:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
While not that ammo I load them on stripper clips. Easy to fit all 1krds in that way.
View Quote
And those cardboard sleeves help it even more organized.

Throw in a spoon as well
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 4:49:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Loose ammo has less value than boxed ammo.

I don't buy ammo for the sake of reselling, but ammo cans are cheap in bulk and I want to retain the ability to resell if the need arises.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top