Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2017 2:50:06 PM EDT
Any of you guys have experience on Gorillla's 5.56 Troop line? It consists of once fired Lake City brass with a 62gr steel core tip (M855). I have a box of 20 that has yet to be used. Just considering another box to hoard for whatever reason, seeing as it is on sale at like $10.28/box 20.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of that brand, would not purchase myself. I have seen too many kaboom threads to shoot reloads and that price seems expensive. But I haven't bought a box for 20rds 5.56 in a long time. I have been buying bulk for some time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm with you there, it's around 0.50/round. Way too much for that matter, considering some new Federal/Lake City M855 is like what....0.35/round? Reman in my eyes is sketchy as hell anyway but my purchase of one box was purely impulsive lol.

FYI, Gorilla has an amazing match line of ammunition (new manufacture obviously) which I purchase from, otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Ive shot lots of Gorilla match ammo and its been super accurate never heard of the troop line though
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive shot lots of Gorilla match ammo and its been super accurate never heard of the troop line though
View Quote
Yeah, like I said the "Troop" line is remanufactured M855 that comes in 5.56 & 300 Blackout. I wonder if they get the old Lake City brass cheap for their own reloading purposes and figured they'd give a shot at a reman product line. I sort of expect better from them, as in, new production. But no big deal.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 1:16:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would think they "have" to do it , just to stay competitive in todays ammo market ! ... BH does it as well... so if it is done right, it should be GTG.

I am surprised they choose the 62gr bullet... it really isn't known for its accuracy. IMHO, they should have used the newish 62gr Hornady BTHP.

I have more faith in Gorilla ammo then certain other popular "remanufactured" ammo brands.

Those other brands have had numerous kabooms on this forum, yet people still buy it because of the cost.

I might just buy some of the Troop line to try out.
View Quote
I see what you mean, staying competitive and all. The thing I don't understand (regarding 5.56) is the price in relation to being 1) remanufactured and 2) as you mentioned, a FMJ 62gr bullet. One would think based on the price, it would at least be a performance reload (ie BH). They charge a premium reload price for ehhhhh. On the other hand, the 300 Blackout Troop line has a variety of bullet type & weight variations. But what do I know, they do have great QA/QC otherwise. When I get my DDM4V11 DMR project finished, I'll maybe entertain putting a box down range.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top