Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/13/2017 8:58:42 AM EDT
there is a local sale that has it for 0.25 per round. Checking gunbot.net, it seems to sell for above 0.30 per round, really closer to 0.36.

What's a good buy price on 5.56 Federal American Eagle 55 grain FMJ?

I presume this is a M193 clone. (55 grains at over 3100 fps)
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes .25 is a great price, there's a 5 cent per round rebate through Federal right now also
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes .25 is a great price, there's a 5 cent per round rebate through Federal right now also
View Quote
Did it get extended? I thought the rebate was set to end Aug 31.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Rebate was extended through year end.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:50:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did it get extended? I thought the rebate was set to end Aug 31.
View Quote
It seems to be a new campaign. The last one finished and the new started, so if you bought before August 31, you may want to get the paperwork in.

Could be wrong, but why chance it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:52:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It seems to be a new campaign. The last one finished and the new started, so if you bought before August 31, you may want to get the paperwork in.

Could be wrong, but why chance it.
View Quote
Yeah, the paperwork I've got says submit by Sep 30th and purchase before Aug 31.  I need to get my submission in.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a good price.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
there is a local sale that has it for 0.25 per round. Checking gunbot.net, it seems to sell for above 0.30 per round, really closer to 0.36.

What's a good buy price on 5.56 Federal American Eagle 55 grain FMJ?

I presume this is a M193 clone. (55 grains at over 3100 fps)
View Quote

Uh, what is this local place?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:45:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, the paperwork I've got says submit by Sep 30th and purchase before Aug 31.  I need to get my submission in.
View Quote
No rush, rebate has been extended to Dec 31, 2017.  

Between July 15, 2017 and December 31, 2017, Purchase a minimum of 100 and up to 4,000 rounds of Federal American Eagle FMJ/ball ammunition (223 Rem. and 5.56x45mm 55 grain or 62 grain) and receive $.05 off per round. Max rebate of $400 per household., Purchase a minimum of 100 and up to 4,000 rounds of Federal American Eagle FMJ/ball ammunition (223 Rem. and 5.56x45mm 55 grain or 62 grain) and receive $.05 off per round. Max rebate of $400 per household.   ...........rebate form along with required documents must be postmarked by January 31, 2018

Rebates (ammo, optics, & more)

The key thing for me was learning one can only submit a total of two rebate submissions during the period.  Already burned one redemption on 1680 rds.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 5:48:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I bought 2,000, then went back and bought 2,000 more the next day.  I'll be hitting my max
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 7:23:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, I bought 2,000, then went back and bought 2,000 more the next day.  I'll be hitting my max
View Quote
I don't know how much you have already bought, if it is 4k then you have not hit the max just yet.  They upped it to 8k all together instead of 4k.  I believe the way it reads is that if you bought 4k previously before the last rebate ended then you can only buy 4k more since the rebate got combined/extended.  I could be wrong on this one but that is the way I make sense of it.  They just took the previous rebate and extended it until the end of December and upped it to 8k instead of 4k total rounds.  

All of that said I am up in the air on ordering some M193 Independence or paying the extra and getting some good CBC/Magtech M193.  I think I may pick up some Magtech for now and see if any place has the XM193 or Independence stuff on sale for Black Friday or Christmas sales considering it still has almost 4 months left on the rebate period.  As time goes on it is quite possible to see it dip even lower with the big sales events of the year and that would be the time to stock up on 8k if you had the money to burn.  

To the OP - If the price was $250 before rebate then that is a killer deal, you can't even find it that cheap online.  But they may have the total price of .25c a round as after getting your rebate check.  That would be worth checking out... I am not sure how local sales works with the rebate but if you can pick up a case for $250 then get $50 back in rebate then it would be one of the best deals ever.  Also I believe both their 223 and 5.56 are labeled at over 3100fps because they use different barrel lengths for their testing.  You can tell by looking at the box one will say 223, while the other will say 5.56x45 XM193.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Please be aware that if you purchased IMI produced Independence Ammo like I did that those rebates were not extended.  These rebates must still be submitted by the September 30th deadline.

The new extended rebate only covers Lake City, MO and Anoka, MN produced Federal ammunition.

Looks like I get to buy another 4,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Please be aware that if you purchased IMI produced Independence Ammo like I did that those rebates were not extended.  These rebates must still be submitted by the September 30th deadline.

The new extended rebate only covers Lake City, MO and Anoka, MN produced Federal ammunition.

View Quote
I bought all IMI/Independence.  That and some AE 5.7 pistol ammunition.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Is there a way to enter the UPC bar codes online to submit the rebate and not have to cut out each UPC and mail them in?
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's not what the rebate form say.   Title of rebate form says American Eagle but product codes included say XM193I.  Which is the independence stuff.   You are fine.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:19:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is there a way to enter the UPC bar codes online to submit the rebate and not have to cut out each UPC and mail them in?
View Quote
Yes, simply cut out both sides of the outer case UPC's and mail those in. They are accepting these instead of the individual UPC's from all of the 20 round boxes inside.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:21:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That's not what the rebate form say.   Title of rebate form says American Eagle but product codes included say XM193I.  Which is the independence stuff.   You are fine.
View Quote
Ok, good to know. I already sent in the paperwork for my first 4,000 rounds. May wait to see how low it goes around Black Friday before getting any more.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yes, simply cut out both sides of the outer case UPC's and mail those in. They are accepting these instead of the individual UPC's from all of the 20 round boxes inside.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This makes it much easier, thanks.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top