Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2017 9:47:26 PM EDT
Ordered some of this several weeks ago. It shot 1-1.25" out of my 18" BA 1:8 SS barrel. Not bad for hot loaded 77gr. Ordered more last week aince it was reasonable accuracy and noticed today the boxes were a little different (both the newer green/white boxes) but one was labeled "First Defense Sniper" and the other "First Defesne Tactical." The sniper is EI-NIESEN 110 powder and the Tactical is WCR 845. Anyone have much experience with this ammo and different powders? Seems there's 1 or 2 other powders out there they use in it too. I assume velocity will be close, but curious about accuracy and POI difference.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:05:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks! Helpful info there!
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I have some of that ammo that consistently prints .5-.6MOA through a 1/8" Wylde chambered bolt gun.

Good shit.
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 7:06:52 PM EDT
[#4]
For a large scale ammunition manufacturer, changing powders should have no perceptible impact on the performance of their rounds.  

"Non canister grade" powder is (or at least was) typically not nearly as consistent as the stuff we can buy for handloading, so manufacturers test frequently to ensure that their rounds perform the way they should.  So if a large manufacturer like CBC winds up changing powders, I would expect that the ammunition they produce would perform essentially identically.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 12:58:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For a large scale ammunition manufacturer, changing powders should have no perceptible impact on the performance of their rounds.  

"Non canister grade" powder is (or at least was) typically not nearly as consistent as the stuff we can buy for handloading, so manufacturers test frequently to ensure that their rounds perform the way they should.  So if a large manufacturer like CBC winds up changing powders, I would expect that the ammunition they produce would perform essentially identically.
View Quote
Very well said.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies everyone. I got a chance to test them out.

18" barrel:
WCR avg 2780 fps
EI avg 2760 fps

EI avg POI was about .3" low/left of the WCR, but extreme spread of the 10 shot group (5 of each powder) was 1.4" ...I was getting 1.0-1.5" five shot groups with the EI powder previously, so agree with all of you and case closed: Not much difference at all.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top