Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/26/2010 2:10:37 PM EDT
is tula and ulyanovsk the same
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I got an email with some good tula pricing and did a search for reviews..  i read that tula comes out of the same factory as the silver/brown bear ammo - if that helps

b
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

No.  Not at all.  Tula Cartridge Works is not the same as the Ulyanovsk ammunition plant.  

The city of Tula is the the administrative center of Tula Oblast, and is a little over 190 km south of Moscow.  Ulyanovsk, Russia is almost 900km east of Moscow, and is the administrative center of Ulyanovsk Oblast.

Oblasts are functionally provinces in this context.
Link Posted: 8/26/2010 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  Not at all.  Tula Cartridge Works is not the same as the Ulyanovsk ammunition plant.  

The city of Tula is the the administrative center of Tula Oblast, and is a little over 190 km south of Moscow.  Ulyanovsk, Russia is almost 900km east of Moscow, and is the administrative center of Ulyanovsk Oblast.

Oblasts are functionally provinces in this context.

two different Russian factories.
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 3:43:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got an email with some good tula pricing and did a search for reviews..  i read that tula comes out of the same factory as the silver/brown bear ammo - if that helps

b
I should also have corrected this part-Wolf Black Box comes from the Tula Cartridge Works, while Silver/Brown Bear come from Barnaul (with certain loads coming from Ulyanovsk and Novosibirsk).

Reading the ComBloc Ammo FAQ is very enlightening.

Link Posted: 8/27/2010 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Two totally different factories, but there seems to be some crossover with them lately. Saw a post a short while back where the boxes said "Tula", but they had the "ULY" logo on the box as well as the headstamp...

1DD
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks guys
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top