Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 94
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Enzo300:
Awesome! Thank you! That price is half of the best price on Ammoseek. I'm buying on reputation and Noslers hype, no knowledge of this product. But from the description, I think I'll want to use this brass when I try my hand at precision handloads. Well worth the $0.20 premium over the basic Remington or slightly pricier Barnes supersonics. I'll put it on a grid and compare my spread to the cheaper OT's.

ETA: the shipping price is exactly the same whether you order 1 box or 50 boxes. $13.00  So of course, I did the cheapskate thing..  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Enzo300:
Originally Posted By Evile:
Nosler Match Grade 300 AAC Blackout 125 grain Ballistic Tip Ammo $14.95/20

http://shop.nosler.com/nosler-ammunition-ammo/rifle-ammo/match-grade/match-grade-300-aac-blackout-125gr-ballistic-tip-20-ct.html
Awesome! Thank you! That price is half of the best price on Ammoseek. I'm buying on reputation and Noslers hype, no knowledge of this product. But from the description, I think I'll want to use this brass when I try my hand at precision handloads. Well worth the $0.20 premium over the basic Remington or slightly pricier Barnes supersonics. I'll put it on a grid and compare my spread to the cheaper OT's.

ETA: the shipping price is exactly the same whether you order 1 box or 50 boxes. $13.00  So of course, I did the cheapskate thing..  
I ordered 3 boxes not sure about their shipping speed but the price was great. Noslers have shot the best in my recce so I figured Id try them out in 300blk.  If they hold 1-2moa Ill be happy. REviews on the round have been good people say great on hog and deer
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By swampvol:
I've noticed 300blk trickling up on normal stock as well, but you can still find some pretty awesome deals on factory loads.

The 400 Nosler 110g varmageddons in an ammo can for $212.00 shipped mentioned earlier in this thread was an amazing deal. As is the 125g Hornady Gunner.

Stillwood ammo, while loaded a little light (at least the batch I've tested), is very reasonably priced and seems to be of decent quality. Good HD ammo.

SG ammo had the magtech 123G fmj for .38c a round, IIRC.
View Quote
What do you use for range 300blk use/
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Apparently the federal rebate is extended to 1/8, at least on the xm855...

PSA XM855
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By JesB:

What do you use for range 300blk use/
View Quote
MagTech First Defense 300 AAC Blackout 123 Grain Supersonic Full Metal Jacket

Its shooting 2-3moa at 100 yards out of a 16in barrel for me
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 1:24:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Evile:

MagTech First Defense 300 AAC Blackout 123 Grain Supersonic Full Metal Jacket

Its shooting 2-3moa at 100 yards out of a 16in barrel for me
View Quote
Thanks. I'll take a look around. What is a reasonable price for a case of 1000 and half case of 500 rounds?
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 2:15:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jparish62:
Apparently the federal rebate is extended to 1/8, at least on the xm855...

PSA XM855
View Quote
I can't seem to find anything official from Federal about extending the rebate... I'm curious if they are extending the AE handgun rebate as well. Or... it's bunk, and the rebate isn't extended at all.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WesDesRat:

I can't seem to find anything official from Federal about extending the rebate... I'm curious if they are extending the AE handgun rebate as well. Or... it's bunk, and the rebate isn't extended at all.
View Quote
I couldn't find anything from them on their site either. I emailed PSA to make sure it wasn't a mistake.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 4:07:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I couldn't find anything from them on their site either. I emailed PSA to make sure it wasn't a mistake.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WesDesRat:

If you go to link on a smartphone,  the rebate shows up in the bottom,  and the date truly is extended - that's the good news.   But whoever officially rewrote the rebate at Federal, forgot too also include the promised Xm855CSF code that was promised to be added...
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

If you go to link on a smartphone,  the rebate shows up in the bottom,  and the date truly is extended - that's the good news.   But whoever officially rewrote the rebate at Federal, forgot too also include the promised Xm855CSF code that was promised to be added...
View Quote
Looks like you are right. Also looks like they are only extending the rebate on the 5.56mm/.223 ammo... and not the handgun stuff as well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#10]
It’s official and on both XM193 and XM855

Federal Rebate
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 7:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By smitty_007:
It’s official and on both XM193 and XM855

Federal Rebate
View Quote
I'm still not seeing the xm855csf product code, just the cs
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 9:30:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#12]

View Quote
You can check out this thread on PSA’s vendor page:

XM855CSF

I know there are some skeptics, but PSA will get an ear full from members here based on this thread on their personal vendor page if Federal doesn’t come through.
Link Posted: 1/1/2018 10:11:48 PM EDT
[#13]

XM855CSF

I know there are some skeptics, but PSA will get an ear full from members here based on this thread on their personal vendor page if Federal doesn’t come through.
View All Quotes

XM855CSF

Nice! You're the man, thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Nice! You're the man, thanks
View Quote
@jparish62 You’re welcome!
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#15]
IMI 5.56 M193 55gr

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2090862857/imi-ammunition-556x45mm-55-grain-m193-full-metal-jacket-boat-tail

$290 for 1200 rounds = 24.17 cents per round.
Add a $3 free shipping items like this, and shipping is reduced.  Total for me was $300 = 25 cents per round delivered.

Or:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/406716/imi-ammunition-556x45mm-55-grain-m193-full-metal-jacket-boat-tail-box-of-450-15-boxes-of-30

$110 for 450 rounds = 24.44 cents per round.
Add a $3 free shipping items like this, and shipping is reduced.  Total for me was $116 = 25.78 cents per round delivered.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Is PSA still the best price on AE 55gr & 62gr 5.56???
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 6:27:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Is PSA still the best price on AE 55gr & 62gr 5.56???
View Quote
Yes, but just recognize it's cheaper based on a promise that the group at Federal responsible for honoring rebates is going to honor the rebate for an item with a product code not listed on the rebate list.  They probably will.... probably.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#18]

Yes, but just recognize it's cheaper based on a promise that the group at Federal responsible for honoring rebates is going to honor the rebate for an item with a product code not listed on the rebate list.  They probably will.... probably.
View Quote
Do you really think there is much of a chance that they won’t honor the rebate?
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:32:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer] [#19]
View All Quotes

I certainly don't think anyone is purposely being deceptive.  But in my experience when it comes to rebates, I've gone through that game enough to learn that Rebate processing is usually outsourced to a 3rd party.  And that party in general has incentive to legitimately deny rebate submission attempts.  Sending in a rebate form with a Product code that is not on the list, has greater than low odds of causing problems.   Once the rebate is closed, and now it's time to send checks, it can be funny how priorities change.   Would PSA or Federal eventually make it right?  Probably - but that making-it-right may well involve additional individual PITA.  Enough PITA that not everyone bothers to go through it.  While it's never initially set up for that to be consciously by design, that ends up being a benefit in and of itself, that ends up not being minded so much by the people who have to write the checks.

So, yea it really IS worth noting and asking for correction to the rebate paperwork now, rather than going through a future uncertainty.

That said, it sounds like this may have solved itself, as PSA has just posted on their AR15.com subforum that they now have the updated rebate form that lists this code, and are working on posting that.  Once that happens, all worries are over, and I may order even more! (Just do yourself a big favor and be sure to download and use THAT rebate form)
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 1:54:54 AM EDT
[#20]

I certainly don't think anyone is purposely being deceptive.  But in my experience when it comes to rebates, I've gone through that game enough to learn that Rebate processing is usually outsourced to a 3rd party.  And that party in general has incentive to legitimately deny rebate submission attempts.  Sending in a rebate form with a Product code that is not on the list, has greater than low odds of causing problems.   Once the rebate is closed, and now it's time to send checks, it can be funny how priorities change.   Would PSA or Federal eventually make it right?  Probably - but that making-it-right may well involve additional individual PITA.  Enough PITA that not everyone bothers to go through it.  While it's never initially set up for that to be consciously by design, that ends up being a benefit in and of itself, that ends up not being minded so much by the people who have to write the checks.

So, yea it really IS worth noting and asking for correction to the rebate paperwork now, rather than going through a future uncertainty.

That said, it sounds like this may have solved itself, as PSA has just posted on their AR15.com subforum that they now have the updated rebate form that lists this code, and are working on posting that.  Once that happens, all worries are over, and I may order even more! (Just do yourself a big favor and be sure to download and use THAT rebate form)
View Quote
Good points, sir.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:20:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: smitty_007] [#21]
And they are out of stock before I could get my order in.

Glad I got one box, at least
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Natchez had 62gr ammo that wasn't on the list at all. They got Federal to honor it in the rebate.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/7/2018 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
For those of you with .40 S&W PCC's...

Fed. 40 S&W 180gr HST.... 50rd box $14.99, 1K case, free shipping... $299.80 ( $276 / Prime )

Danged good price.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-law-enforcement-40-sw-ammo-180-grain-hst-jacketed-hollow-point-p40hst1b-p-55007.aspx
View Quote
They have consistently good prices on this in .40 and their FMJ prices aren't band either.
Link Posted: 1/9/2018 12:00:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: superd1911] [#25]
IMI 5.56x45mm NATO 62 Grain M855 SS109, box of 450
On sale for $120

IMI 62gr box of 450
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Federal 7.62x51 XM80 $9.99/20 and free shipping on 10 boxes

http://palmettostatearmory.com/lake-city-xm80-7-62x51-20rd.html

(go ahead and add 10 pmags for $79.99 while you're at it)
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#28]
1200 rd. cases of IMI are shipping free at Midway.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By DieselII:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:
That's what I said too man ...
So I ordered another case !
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 10:18:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALARAK] [#31]
So is the 77gr SMK Razor Core ammo at Midway - 56 cents a round and free shipping.  That's pretty amazing.

Makes it a tough choice between that and the Magtech 77gr SMK at SGAmmo for 57 cents a round delivered.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
How about posting a link? Geesh.
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 11:13:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Centuriator:
View All Quotes
Here you go:

IMI 1200 round cases at Midway
Link Posted: 1/17/2018 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
I bought another case! Getting an additional 5% off through my CC! Makes it just under .23/rd delivered!

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2090862857/imi-ammunition-556x45mm-55-grain-m193-full-metal-jacket-boat-tail
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Geesh ...
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
I bought another case! Getting an additional 5% off through my CC! Makes it just under .23/rd delivered!

View Quote
you have a CC that gives you 5% off of midway ammo purchases?
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#37]
9mm at Natchez

CCI Blazer Brass

all these ammo deals lately - gonna piss of the wife ...
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 10:50:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jaqufrost] [#38]

you have a CC that gives you 5% off of midway ammo purchases?
View Quote
Not just Midway.  All sporting goods stores and my cell phone bill

https://cashplus.usbank.com/?redirect=cashplus
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#39]
9mm at Natchez

CCI Blazer Brass

all these ammo deals lately - gonna piss of the wife ...
View Quote
You can use code PO180122 for 10% off site wide. Which would basically cover the shipping.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Glad on saw this thread on the IMI m193 for 24 cents/round shipped.  That might be the lowest price that I have ever seen 223/556 go for.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:00:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TylerDurden3] [#41]
Are there any better deals than this right now for XM193
FEDERAL XM193
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TylerDurden3:
Are there any better deals than this right now for XM193
FEDERAL XM193
View Quote
That's kinda high.  If you can swing it the better deal is 10x pmags and 1000 rounds for $349.99.  The pmags usually are on sale for $79.99 so the ammo comes out to $270 or $0.27/round compared to the $0.30/round for what you linked

http://palmettostatearmory.com/american-eagle-5-56mm-fmjbt-ammunition-1000rds-ten-10-magpul-pmag-30-5-56x45mm-magazines.html

Unfortunately you just missed the $0.05/round rebate from federal
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:29:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By MB223PGH:
Glad on saw this thread on the IMI m193 for 24 cents/round shipped.  That might be the lowest price that I have ever seen 223/556 go for.
View Quote
Held out too long and didn’t pull the trigger before the price went up.

Hopefully, these prices come back.  At least I got some Federal before the end of the rebate.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:53:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Held out too long and didn't pull the trigger before the price went up.

Hopefully, these prices come back.  At least I got some Federal before the end of the rebate.
View All Quotes

Keep an eye on Midway - they have been on and off with the IMI .
Right now it's the razorcore that's on sale.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 5:53:22 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote
I bought 4,000 federal with the rebate.  Probably would have bought eight, but I ordered before the rebate expansion and I had already mailed two rebates in.

Bought 800 of the .27/rd Norma.

Bought 1260 IMI on Black Friday.
Bought 1350 IMI a week or two after.
Bought 2400 IMI on the last sale.

Now I need to find time to shoot a bit

Over 10k 5.56 and 6.8 added to the ammo fort last year!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#46]
View All Quotes

This ^^^^^^. It’s been on sale intermittently. Keep an eye on it. I loaded the boat on the M193 @ 24cts a rd and the M855 at 26cts a rd. I have a feeling we will look back at this time as the Golden era of low priced ammo. The federal rebate on the 9mm at 13 cts a rd was amazing!!! Salad days for sure!
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 9:24:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone still worried about the popped primer issues IMI had in the past?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote
I am,but i decided to give it a go on one of the 1200 round cases last week.

Will function check at least 200 rounds and if its good in my rifles will buy more when its back on sale
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 11:50:43 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote
There were certain lot numbers that had issues. Someone posted the bad lot numbers in GD.
Many folks responded and nobody received any of the questionable lot numbers.
All mine were GTG. I have 800rds through a DDM4 V5 with no issues. I will be buying more if
It goes on sale.
Page / 94
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top